WR Coach Hired [Kevin Beard from FIU]

volfaninpa

According to Bruce Feldman:

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB 4m4 minutes ago SOURCE: WR coach Kevin Beard is leaving #FIU staff & is expected to become #Tennessee's new WR coach. 1st reported by Peter Ariz.

Reactions: 6 people
Interesting , he was director of football operations, and was promoted to WR coach in 2015. So he has very limited experince as a wr position coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Interesting , he was director of football operations, and was promoted to WR coach in 2015. So he has very limited experince as a wr position coach.

little exp as a coach, but he played WR and what not, he is well connected from down here by me as he was born and raised in Plantation fla, and went to UM as well as coached for a bit.....

i dont have a dog in the fight, just providing a lil back ground on him....i have to imagine this is almost more of a recruiting thing then anything else...who knows though

Reactions: 13 people
I like it but can we please stop giving all our opponents free wide out lessons from the best wide out coach in the country? thanx.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm feelin' better and better 'bout this season. If the breaks fall our way it will be awesome.

little exp as a coach, but he played WR and what not, he is well connected from down here by me as he was born and raised in Plantation fla, and went to UM as well as coached for a bit.....

i dont have a dog in the fight, just providing a lil back ground on him....i have to imagine this is almost more of a recruiting thing then anything else...who knows though

Yeah, im not saying he is a bad hire or or a home run. Seems like as much of a shot as many of the other coaches we hired. We will see how he works out.

Reactions: 1 person
Players Beard has coached in High School include: Amari Cooper (Alabama), Travis Rudolph (Florida State), Ermon Lane (Florida State), Macgarrett Kings (Michigan State) and Jordan Cunningham (Vanderbilt).

Reactions: 6 people

Probably more of a Larry Scott's choice thing. Beard worked with him when he took over for Golden.

Huge for Florida Recruiting, alot of these coaches down here played with or personally know Coach Beard he can literally walking into, Miami Central Northwestern Booker T Dillard Ely Plantation St Thomas and these coaches and players will know him on a personal level. Great pickup IMO!

Reactions: 11 people
Probably more of a Larry Scott's choice thing. Beard worked with him when he took over for Golden.

Oh Golden, nothing like sitting on the beach or working out at my gym and seeing the "Fire Al Golden" planes everywhere....

VN Store

Back