To point towards Currie's resume for those who don't know it.

Hairy Vols

He was at one point in the Knoxville "40 under 40" list.

He got his Master’s of Science degree in sports management from the University of Tennessee in 2003.

Was here during the "National Championship Era".

Was the AD of a Power 5 Program.

He got K-State's Athletic department donations in the top 10 in the nation.

He has ties to Tennessee.

He was the 2013 Under Armour Athletic Directors of the Year.

He helped upgrade all the facilities at K-State and put them in an Amazing position facilities wise.

I just don't understand how someone logically can be upset with this hire over Blackburn or Fulmer.

He has the better resume, more Power 5 experience, and has a proven track record.

This doesn't seem like a "cheap" hire.

How could anybody be upset I don't understand???

Last edited:
Reactions: 39 people
People had already made up their minds

I hope he does well. Be the leadership we need in the AD. Keep improving facilities, but more importantly, keep improving every sport. Don't hire bad coaches, and don't reward coaches for performing poorly. Keep our student-athletes accountable and help them to succeed on and off the field.
Build better relations with the school administration (BOT, etc)

I'm sure I've missed a bunch, but if he can do that, I'll be happy

Reactions: 4 people
People had already made up their minds

I hope he does well. Be the leadership we need in the AD. Keep improving facilities, but more importantly, keep improving every sport. Don't hire bad coaches, and don't reward coaches for performing poorly. Keep our student-athletes accountable and help them to succeed on and off the field.
Build better relations with the school administration (BOT, etc)

I'm sure I've missed a bunch, but if he can do that, I'll be happy

I'd be interested to see where he has K-State athletics as a whole ranked on that thing that ranks each sport in every college and makes a combined grade for every school.

I just see him as the more qualified than all the other people I've heard suggested.. Including Blackburn.

Reactions: 1 person
Per Wikipedia,

Currie administers K-State Athletics’ projected $71 million budget, manages 165 employees and maintains relations with 450 student athletes. He has cultivated relationships with alumni and donors, and his department projected a $4.4 million budget increase for the 2016 fiscal year. Since Currie's arrival at KSU, the school's athletics budget has increased by $26 million over its 2010 budget of $44.1 million. KSU's athletics budget has had a surplus for six consecutive years.

Reactions: 12 people
Josh Ward schooling idiots calling and complaining is making for good radio.

Personally, I have no clue what it takes to be a good idea, so whatever. get to work dude and Make Tennessee Great Again.

Josh Ward schooling idiots calling and complaining is making for good radio.

Personally, I have no clue what it takes to be a good idea, so whatever. get to work dude and Make Tennessee Great Again.

What was Ward saying? I bet it was hilarious, lol.

I'd be interested to see where he has K-State athletics as a whole ranked on that thing that ranks each sport in every college and makes a combined grade for every school.

I just see him as the more qualified than all the other people I've heard suggested.. Including Blackburn.

Do you mean The Director's Cup?

After Fall 2016/2017:

K-State: 75th
UTC: 107th
Tennessee: 113th

Reactions: 6 people
What was Ward saying? I bet it was hilarious, lol.

Some guy called in ranting saying he wasn't giving anymore money or going to games and Josh asked why. The guy said he wasn't a UT guy. Josh said well he has a degree from UT so how do you define UT guy. The guy said he is connected to Hamilton man. Josh said well who was your choice and he said Blackburn. Josh said, you are aware that Blackburn was connected to Hamilton as well right.

The guy said well, I'm done giving money and hung up.

Reactions: 15 people
Some guy called in ranting saying he wasn't giving anymore money or going to games and Josh asked why. The guy said he wasn't a UT guy. Josh said well he has a degree from UT so how do you define UT guy. The guy said he is connected to Hamilton man. Josh said well who was your choice and he said Blackburn. Josh said, you are aware that Blackburn was connected to Hamilton as well right.

Heard that. The scary thing with Currie and Blackburn, they both were in on the Kiffin hire.

Reactions: 5 people
Heard that. The scary thing with Currie and Blackburn, they both were in on the Kiffin hire.

Yeah, but I think there has to be some slack there. Kiffin is a good coach. Yeah, they probably should have seen that he was too immature to be a head coach, but everyone makes mistakes. Maybe he solid himself well as learning from mistakes with the Raiders.

I don't really care about the AD hire.

Reactions: 1 person

Facts suck...I'll hang up and listen. :lol:

Reactions: 3 people

Very true.

But many of the rest of us were on board with it too. Remember some of the comments...Kiffin can't be that bad, Al Davis is hard to work for, Davis is senile, Kiffin was a great recruiter at SC, Kiffin brings an energy to the program, Kiffin has fired up booster clubs with remarks about Florida, etc.

Fact is, we all got fooled by Kiffin. The difference is that Currie went on to K State and Blackburn to UTC, both learned from their mistakes, and both have proven themselves to be good ADs. Hamilton just made more and more mistakes.

Very true.

But many of the rest of us were on board with it too. Remember some of the comments...Kiffin can't be that bad, Al Davis is hard to work for, Davis is senile, Kiffin was a great recruiter at SC, Kiffin brings an energy to the program, Kiffin has fired up booster clubs with remarks about Florida, etc.

Fact is, we all got fooled by Kiffin. The difference is that Currie went on to K State and Blackburn to UTC, both learned from their mistakes, and both have proven themselves to be good ADs. Hamilton just made more and more mistakes.

If you look at just resume's from UTC and K-State.. It's hard to say Blackburn's resume even compares tbh. (Not dismissing Blackburn that was the original hire I wanted, but it's safe to say this hire I didn't know was an option)

It is incredible that UT is 113 according to the source. I'd like to say I'm dumbfounded by this, but unfortunately I'm not. The only way UT athletics can really go is up I guess.

If he can get K-State at 75 I feel he can def get us in the top 30-50.

Reactions: 2 people
They took so long to make a hire, people had chosen who they wanted and nothing less would do the job. Long build up for a small explosion. But atleast hes not a Bama alumni

He was at one point in the Knoxville "40 under 40" list.

He got his Master’s of Science degree in sports management from the University of Tennessee in 2003.

Was here during the "National Championship Era".

Was the AD of a Power 5 Program.

He got K-State's Athletic department donations in the top 10 in the nation.

He has ties to Tennessee.

He was the 2013 Under Armour Athletic Directors of the Year.

He helped upgrade all the facilities at K-State and put them in an Amazing position facilities wise.

I just don't understand how someone logically can be upset with this hire over Blackburn or Fulmer.

He has the better resume, more Power 5 experience, and has a proven track record.

This doesn't seem like a "cheap" hire.

How could anybody be upset I don't understand???

I swear, it sounds like you just described Hamilton.

VN Store

Back