John Currie of K State Hired as AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange&White

John Currie of Kansas State has been hired as Tennessee's AD. He has a masters from Tennessee and was here under Hamilton. Per Jimmy Hyams.

"BREAKING NEWS: Source: John Currie of Kansas State has been hired as Tennessee's new athletic director. Currie worked at UT as assistant athletic director from 1997-2008 when he took the job as AD at Kansas State. He turns 47 on April 1." -- Hyams

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people
Currie is a GREAT hire. Proven P5 AD experience. Tennessee roots.

So, please commence the *****ing and moaning.

Reactions: 37 people
John Curry Kansas state A.D has been hired for the vacant Tennessee A.D job per Jimmy Hyams.

I'm not going to lie, it was random, but the guy has Tennessee connections and seems pretty highly regarded and successful. He won AD of the year a few years ago.

Reactions: 15 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 18 people
Blackburn is a lesser version of Currie - Tennessee roots, successful as associate AD and moved to another job as head AD to get experience.

Currie did it at KState. Blackburn did it at UTC.

Currie has raised literally millions of more dollars, negotiated contracts worth literally millions of more dollars, and has built facilities that cost literally millions of more dollars than Blackburn.

This is a slam dunk hire.

Reactions: 26 people
Only Tennessee eats their own like this. So sorry Mr. Blackburn....You were to obvious of a choice apparently.

We'll never be any different.

Welcome Mr. Currie, good luck....You'll need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
I don't know much about him, but this was exactly what we should expect. A person out of left field that none of us even mentioned. With that being said, it looks like a good hire. I'm pulling for the guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I admit to not knowing much about the dealings of the business side of college athletics, but I fail to be inspired by the hiring of someone to the A.D. that was a subordinate during the fall of Tennessee athletics.

Reactions: 16 people
ALl I can do is look at his wiki page, looks like a great hire to me. At this point the only place to go was outside.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back