3. Sports Media HATES US!!

4. Sports Media HATES US!!

Just Saying! :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

The 4 reasons why this FoxSports list is alternative facts

1. The SEC has better players
2. The best HS talent resides in SEC territory
3. The SEC has more "National Programs" than any other conference.
4. The SEC has invested the most into its football teams (i.e. coaches, facilities, paying for players....looking at you Auburn and Ole Miss)

There's been a few blips and some conferences are catching up but in the past 20 years, the SEC has been far and away the best conference. A one year dip doesn't change that.

Reactions: 4 people
“When you don’t really have anyone to speak of in the SEC East, and now the SEC West suddenly slips, you’ve got a conference that people are saying may only be the third-best conference.”

Third best? ACC had a very strong bowl showing (8-3). Def worth a hat tipping and a congrats. But saying that the Big10 is better? Ridiculous. They went 3-7. Terrible.

“When you don’t really have anyone to speak of in the SEC East, and now the SEC West suddenly slips, you’ve got a conference that people are saying may only be the third-best conference.”

Third best? ACC had a very strong bowl showing (8-3). Def worth a hat tipping and a congrats. But saying that the Big10 is better? Ridiculous. They went 3-7. Terrible.

TN,GA and FL all won their bowl games versus other P5 schools. The SEC East might not stand up to the west but we could easily play in the BIG 10/12 anyday.

A few points:

1) As Vol fans, we should have no investment in how the SEC is regarded except in how the SEC's reputation impacts how Tennessee is regarded.

2) As long as we are going 4-4 in conference and losing to Vandy and South Carolina, we are not going to be well-regarded no matter how well-regarded the SEC might be.

3) The SEC's strength relative to other conferences will only matter once we are playing for championships, because no one cares whether a small fish is swimming in a little pond or a big pond.

4) We need to get to Atlanta this year in the worst way.

I have thought for the past few years that the Saban effect is hurting the SEC. Instead of causing the rest of the conference to improve, the other teams are looking for a quick turn around. Coaches are either fired within a few years or they get in trouble cheating trying to make a quick change. A fine line between gradual improvement and already peaked.
When the SEC was in it's heyday during the BCS era, there were several different teams to win it all. Now Ala is the only one carrying the banner.

Reactions: 1 person
The ACC bowl record is inflated by the process. Typically something like the 5th best SEC team draws the ACC runner-up and it like that all the way down. The mathematically challenged B10 that cannot even count their schools draws a PAC patsy and their runner-up often faces the 4th or 5th best SEC team.

TN,GA and FL all won their bowl games versus other P5 schools. The SEC East might not stand up to the west but we could easily play in the BIG 10/12 anyday.

Absolutely

The 4 reasons why this FoxSports list is alternative facts

1. The SEC has better players
2. The best HS talent resides in SEC territory
3. The SEC has more "National Programs" than any other conference.
4. The SEC has invested the most into its football teams (i.e. coaches, facilities, paying for players....looking at you Auburn and Ole Miss)

There's been a few blips and some conferences are catching up but in the past 20 years, the SEC has been far and away the best conference. A one year dip doesn't change that.

5. The SEC is the leader in developing and placing talent in the NFL.

Reactions: 2 people
Using a conference bowl record isn't exactly the best means to compare. Some teams (like Bama) don't show up unless they are playing for a NC. Just look at the latter Fulmer years and the two Peach Bowls. If he felt slighted the teams would not perform.

well they referenced Kiffen a lot,so I didn't take much of it to heart

Saban is on a major run,but we all know it won't last.it never does,I do expect LSU to rear it's ugly head and be a lot better,overall the SEc does need to do a better job as far as OOC wins go

the other thing I read in the article was about the coaching turnover,I do think a lot of it is trying to catch up with the leaders,but not focusing on the improvements your team is making,so the turnovers happen,I use to think that a new HC could make major improvements in a couple of years,now I'm more in the at least 5 to 6 years thinking

This whole SEC dominance thing is going to have a long painful death. Some folks will be carried to their grave chanting SEC

VN Store

Back