Jack Sells and probation

Article says he sent fax right before game but was fired in June-I think. What exactly did he do for Majors to let him go? Anybody know?

Seems like he broke five or six recruiting rules, don't remember what, and then lied to investigators was the biggest thing.

I believe we had an illegal summer camp or something like that.

This was in the days prior to 24 hour news and the Internet...so the truth was what the UTAD doled out to the media. No one will know for sure. Clearly Sells felt like the ESCAPE Goat (yes intended) and was bitter over it.

The one thing he got in major trouble for was for giving a recruit (can't remember his name but was a stud LB that ended up at ND) something stupid like a free car ride from the airport and meals during an unofficial visit - but when quizzed about it by investigators he flat-out lied (sound familiar?) - and Majors had no choice but to can him.

He was actually caught faxing the playbook to Ron Zook, who was on the UF staff at the time. Sells actually sued Kinkos later on, and I think it was settled in his favor. But yes, someone did KO him in a restaurant

Reactions: 1 person
A real NCAA would have made Spurrier and Florida retrospectively forfeit the win.

VN Store

Back