Cutcliffe calls for Tennessee family to come together

Nobody has ever questioned Coach Cut's love for Tennessee.

I know he is also correct in the quote above.

Reactions: 5 people
So now we have yet someone else weighing in on the search. This is all too political and too filled with the 'boys club' mentality.

Reactions: 4 people
If this has become so toxic and political that a current coach of a different university is telling us, quite nicely, to get it together, then maybe we should give Mrs. Davenport the benefit of the doubt in shopping around.

Reactions: 3 people
If this has become so toxic and political that a current coach of a different university is telling us, quite nicely, to get it together, then maybe we should give Mrs. Davenport the benefit of the doubt in shopping around.

Respectfully disagree. This AD hire should have been a done deal by now. Especially when you consider Blackburn meets every conceivable criteria for an AD at Tennessee. What is the need to shop around? If nobody was really interested in the job, then I could understand.

Reactions: 10 people
He should have replied "no comment". He is just pushing the agenda of a friend.

He mentions Fulmer by name and his loyalties are in the open to everyone who knows his history with Fulmer.

While "no comment" might have been PR savvy, it would be dishonest. I respect that he commented. He did not speak negatively about anyone. He promoted his friend in a full disclosure way. Guess I'm saying nothing to really see here and I hope our new AD loves UT too lol

Reactions: 8 people
He mentions Fulmer by name and his loyalties are in the open to everyone who knows his history with Fulmer.

While "no comment" might have been PR savvy, it would be dishonest. I respect that he commented. He did not speak negatively about anyone. He promoted his friend in a full disclosure way. Guess I'm saying nothing to really see here and I hope our new AD loves UT too lol

Why even talk to him? If you think this is not someone pushing an agenda and just an innocent article - I have some ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you.

Reactions: 2 people
Respectfully disagree. This AD hire should have been a done deal by now. Especially when you consider Blackburn meets every conceivable criteria for an AD at Tennessee. What is the need to shop around? If nobody was really interested in the job, then I could understand.

She has only been officially at UT since mid month.

It is quite obvious that there are camps aligned to different folks and each are playing each other.

Given the lawsuit of last year - this is a very important hire for a very different reason than just how well any sport team at UT may or may not be doing.

Look at the mess that Baylor is in. Look at the mess that Ole Miss is in.

Why even talk to him? If you think this is not someone pushing an agenda and just an innocent article - I have some ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you.

Why talk to anyone about speculative news? Because it's the offseason and we need an AD. All our more recent coaches are not revered or even knowledgable about the history of UT athletics. Who you gonna ask? Debord? Dooley? Kiffin? Maybe ask Fulmer, our last respectable coach before CBJ. Oh wait, he is being considered for the job.

I said he was obviously pushing Fulmer, so there's your "agenda". I further explained how he mentions him by name and is obviously rooting for Fulmer to get the job, so it's not a hidden agenda and does not seek to harm UT. It may be bias, but so are all of us. That's why message boards and interviews don't make these hires:thumbsup:

Reactions: 7 people
Of course he's gonna go to bat for PF.

Blackburn should have been hired soon after Davenport was

Just had to stick her nose under the tent, didn't she?

This is why you have your next AD lined up before the current one announces his retirement. While we worry about who it will be and when it will be announced, all Bama fans have to worry about is how many phone books they need to round up for Saban to stand on in pictures.

Reactions: 1 person

I have to agree with big orange here. I keep looking at this guy's resume trying to find the problem, and I keep asking myself... "well, what the hell is the problem?" He's a career Tennessee guy that has been grooming himself for this position for a long time. So, is it a contractual problem or what? Because, as far as I can see, this should have been inked a long time ago. There HAS to be some kind of issue with Blackburn that we are just not in the know about.

Since 2007, Tennessee has seen four head football coaches, four men’s basketball coaches, two women’s basketball coaches and three baseball coaches.

Of course he's gonna go to bat for PF.

Blackburn should have been hired soon after Davenport was

We wish. However, it is not coincidence Tennessee just paid off a Title IX lawsuit and then hired our first female chancellor.

And at the risk of sounding sexist, there are certain advantages and disadvantages to this hire. And one of those disadvantages would be Blackburn (or anyone else) being hired soon.

And whether she is taking her time for sound vetting, for mere appearances, or for spite, only she can know for sure. I discount no motives. We may be waiting until June.

Reactions: 1 person

I know it's John Adams but seen a article today he wrote saying it could be completely possible she wants to bring in her own hand picked AD. Will look for that link.

Edit: Sorry on mobile now and cant find the exact article he said this in.

Last edited:
I know it's John Adams but seen a article today he wrote saying it could be completely possible she wants to bring in her own hand picked AD. Will look for that link.

If she does this the sports program will be set back ten years! Just like what ole Hammie did to us!😡

I have to agree with big orange here. I keep looking at this guy's resume trying to find the problem, and I keep asking myself... "well, what the hell is the problem?" He's a career Tennessee guy that has been grooming himself for this position for a long time. So, is it a contractual problem or what? Because, as far as I can see, this should have been inked a long time ago. There HAS to be some kind of issue with Blackburn that we are just not in the know about.

I agree. Im starting to think half the big money guys want Blackburn and half the big money guys wants Fulmer which may push Davenport to go hire someone with no ties to the school.

If she does this the sports program will be set back ten years! Just like what ole Hammie did to us!😡

Easy, brother. Don't let John Adams articles stir you up. If we ran that jackass outta town, that might set us forward 10 years.

VN Store

Back