Current Vols say football transitions going smoothly

kamoshika

The new addition that’s making the biggest impact on the Vols right now is Gullickson. That’s due to the calendar and the fact that a college strength coach essentially runs the team during this time of year, spending far more time with them than the regular staff due to NCAA rules.

Unlike the various changes with position coaches, Gullickson’s hire is one that universally affects every player on the team. It’s also a hire, that from what we can gather, has been universally endorsed by the players to this point.

“One difference is that I can’t button the top button on my shirts right now,” [Jack] Jones joked of the progress he’s already made under Gullickson. “That’s hats off to Rock. It’s been awesome. I can tell where I’ve made tremendous gains. He, along with coach Szerszen who’s been here, it’s been a great transition. We’ve all loved Rock.”

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/current-vols-say-football-transitions-going-smoothly

Reactions: 15 people
How crappy was the last guy? Geez.

Nobody was fired from last season, only Rock was added. Butch did not fill the empty spot when Lawson was let go. My understanding is Lawson was doing a fine job, just maybe too extreme for certain people. Also, people have said that the weight program was very relaxed and not as tough on players lately. I have no idea how it got so bad though. I'm glad we have Rock now.

Reactions: 4 people
i think alot if was bud luck honestly. for example DK ankle, suttons foot, tuttles injury, hurds concussion. not much a strength coach can do in those instances for example to prevent them

Reactions: 1 person
i think alot if was bud luck honestly. for example DK ankle, suttons foot, tuttles injury, hurds concussion. not much a strength coach can do in those instances for example to prevent them

VT and Appy St DLs and most other DLs pushed our OL around all season like they were 7th graders. Our defense other than Barnett was SOFT all season. 120 was a Stay Pufft Marshmallow Man team all last season.

I believe the contrary. Lawson didn't seem to be working stabilizer muscles. We had a copious amount of piddly injuries that come with the "curls for girls" type of lifting.

Reactions: 2 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ft punk View Post

Nobody was fired from last season, only Rock was added. Butch did not fill the empty spot when Lawson was let go. My understanding is Lawson was doing a fine job, just maybe too extreme for certain people. Also, people have said that the weight program was very relaxed and not as tough on players lately. I have no idea how it got so bad though. I'm glad we have Rock now.

And, was the AD watching and approving of this oversite?

The most experienced returning SEC roster (and in UT recent years), and no strength coach. It seems quite amazing, actually.

Hurd was poised to be the all time leading rusher at UT and Preston Williams was going to bring us back to being Wide Receiver U this time last year as well.

If there is one thing fans should have learned by now with Jones and his teams, talk is cheap.

Reactions: 4 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ft punk View Post

And, was the AD watching and approving of this oversite?

The most experienced returning SEC roster (and in UT recent years), and no strength coach. It seems quite amazing, actually.

Amazing is certainly one word for it LOL.

Hurd was poised to be the all time leading rusher at UT and Preston Williams was going to bring us back to being Wide Receiver U this time last year as well.

If there is one thing fans should have learned by now with Jones and his teams, talk is cheap.

I wish they would put the same number of hotdogs in a pack as the number of buns in a pack.
I'm assuming this is the random complaint thread, not a thread about Rock, right?

Reactions: 18 people
I wish they would put the same number of hotdogs in a pack as the number of buns in a pack.
I'm assuming this is the random complaint thread, not a thread about Rock, right?

aWm83.gif

Reactions: 2 people

If one person on this board could have seen what was coming with Hurd a year ago today, they're in the wrong line of work.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back