Is there a back story on why Thigpen stayed?

Vfl2407

A lot of the speculation out there was that Shoop was going to get all of his own guys.
I think there was some talk about Thigpen offending a Grandma and that hurt mid state recruiting?

So, should we be happy that he is staying?

Reactions: 1 person
Well, if it matters, he is UT's top rated SEC recruiter @ #14. Gillespie only other in top 25 @ #25 (247). Maybe we need more like him that don't offend VN by letting in-state talent go to Clemson and other schools outside the seemingly flawed fence we've built around the state boundary.

Reactions: 4 people
A lot of the speculation out there was that Shoop was going to get all of his own guys.
I think there was some talk about Thigpen offending a Grandma and that hurt mid state recruiting?

Stop believing everything you hear. That's how RUMORS start. Now, you're believing RUMORS. Remember GRUMORS?

Thig is and has been our best recruiter since he arrived. He has held the #1 recruiter spot before he got here. His main areas are NC, AL, GA, and LB nationwide.

Reactions: 11 people
Both Stoop and Thigpen where on my plane recently… Stoop flew in first class, and Thigpen flew in coach… That's all you need to know

Both Stoop and Thigpen where on my plane recently… Stoop flew in first class, and Thigpen flew in coach… That's all you need to know

It actually means that Shoop could have either been bumped to first class, or cashed in frequent flyer miles.

I love conspiracy theories. :crazy:

Reactions: 15 people
It actually means that Shoop could have either been bumped to first class, or cashed in frequent flyer miles.

I love conspiracy theories. :crazy:

Or it could mean Shoop is a coordinator and Thig is a position coach?

Or Shoop negotiated in his contract to always fly first class when he signed?

Reactions: 3 people
Stop believing everything you hear. That's how RUMORS start. Now, you're believing RUMORS. Remember GRUMORS?

Thig is and has been our best recruiter since he arrived. He has held the #1 recruiter spot before he got here. His main areas are NC, AL, GA, and LB nationwide.

Did we sign the #1 LB out of Va and Fl this year?

Depending on the age of Grandmaw, calling her Gamdmaw could be enough to get kicked our of a house for good.

Has Shoop gotten any of "his guys"? Not sure Warren or Hoke qualify.

Also, the only person I've heard that Thig supposedly "offended" was Van Jefferson's mom in 2014-15 and I don't think that hurt midstate recruiting.....a poor 2016 season did that imo

In "real" news, LB development has been suspect.

Reactions: 4 people

So, are you saying Shoop didn't want to sit with Thigpen?
If true, why did Shoop keep him?

No thank you. We just didn't have enough of em. It's a high octane position for any defense but even more so in Shoop's. Didn't we have our top 3 out against Ga? They needed a Hail Mary type TD to force us to show how a Hail Mary is really suppose to be ran.

Van Jefferson's mother two years ago...called her a switch with a B.

Would opinions be different if Maybin, Kirkland and others didn't miss most of the season or have to slide down to play DE, because DE's had to slide down to DT?

I thing Jumper has shown good improvement?

Oey5IgG.gif

Reactions: 2 people
No thank you. We just didn't have enough of em. It's a high octane position for any defense but even more so in Shoop's. Didn't we have our top 3 out against Ga? They needed a Hail Mary type TD to force us to show how a Hail Mary is really suppose to be ran.

I said suspect, not bad. AJ Johnson improved tremendously from junior to senior year. JRM was good. Kirkland is good. He was unable to develop much depth though. Not sure whether that's recruiting or coaching. He needs to have a really good year to impress me personally, because he is a weak link IMO. He's certainly not coaching well enough to recruit at a sub-par level.

You mean the Grumors are not real? Dang we were so close.

VN Store

Back