Why pumpers and negas will never see eye to eye

Eye to eye might not be the best way to put it,

Diego+The+Dream+Sanchez+vs+Jake+The+Juggernaut+Ellenberger+Stare-Down+UFC+on+Fuel+TV+1.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Wing Nuts and Moon Bats are always entertaining.

I say

Attachments

• godzilla-2014-09c.gif
    godzilla-2014-09c.gif
    548.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I always find myself swinging between pumping and negaing depending on the score and amount of alcohol consumed. My emotions for TN Football are intense and volatile and I wouldn't have it any other way. I wear my orange on my sleeve.

Reactions: 12 people
The truth is this board would get awfully boring real quick if we all got along. Give me Married With Children over Leave It To Beaver any day. Dysfunctional families always have the strongest bonds.

We all pretty much have the same information(insiders have more than they probably share), we just come to different conclusions.

It's easy to base your conclusion of what the future will bring off the past and statistical data, but the cold hard facts are that trends are trends and that all they are. There are statistical anomalies that impact out lives that if a computer generated the results it would be called a glitch. The problem with that is a person told the computer to glitch due to a programming error or a power fluctuation.

When it happens in poker they say, "That's poker.", when it happens in football they say, "Any Given Sunday".

Life happens and we all have to deal with it.

Many don't want to hear that we all have the freedom of choice to interpret the data we have available at our own leisure to our own satisfaction.

There are many things in life that are cut and dry while most can be looked at like the cliche of "glass half full/half empty" perspectives.

When filling a glass it's half full when emptying a glass it's half empty, so the result of the level of fullness is based off the fact of how did it arrive to the level it is when measured.

The state of Vol football is either getting better or getting worse or staying the same.

2/3 of that is not good enough. The only solution at this point is for things to get better.

I've not seen or heard a single Vol fan to say 9-4 is great.bMany have said is statically what to expect, but not that it's great.

I choose to be realistic about the past(easy part), and I choose to be realistic about the future.

Statistics never scored a TD or blocked a kick.

For those that can't help but dwell on the negative side of the bell curve don't begrudge the ones that live on the positive side.

As for us that look foward to great things, just feel sorry for the ones that let life get in the way of living. I know I do.

2017 will be a year to remember!

Go Vols!

The truth is this board would get awfully boring real quick if we all got along. Give me Married With Children over Leave It To Beaver any day. Dysfunctional families always have the strongest bonds.

Like a blow out win over Florida gets boring.

When it comes to Vol football, I enjoy boring.

I have drawn the conclusion that negativity is bad for a person. Not just their mental health but their physical well being too.

I heard the other day that stress can cause diabetes. After last year I was afraid to get checked.

The data supports both sides whether or not social media has a net good impact on Vol football or a net negative impact.

All I'm saying is., if there is a chance that negavolling hurts Vol football, I'm fine if we recycle the internet and make money no object and line up our NC Trophies like they were they were "ducks in a pen".

Give me boring every day,

Release the Beast!

Reactions: 1 person
Like a blow out win over Florida gets boring.

When it comes to Vol football, I enjoy boring.

I have drawn the conclusion that negativity is bad for a person. Not just their mental health but their physical well being too.

I heard the other day that stress can cause diabetes. After last year I was afraid to get checked.

The data supports both sides whether or not social media has a net good impact on Vol football or a net negative impact.

All I'm saying is., if there is a chance that negavolling hurts Vol football, I'm fine if we recycle the internet and make money no object and line up our NC Trophies like they were they were "ducks in a pen".

Give me boring every day,

Release the Beast!

I need to quit smoking, being a Vol fan and a smoker doubles my chances for heart disease.

I need to quit smoking, being a Vol fan and a smoker doubles my chances for heart disease.

Don't be a quitter! Just stop smoking when you decide. I'm not saying it's easy but it's not impossible.

More like triples your problems. Have a flat tore is bad enough, but to have a flat tire and the Vols lose. It makes a person wonder if one caused the other. Even worse, troubles come in 3's, so when the Vols lose just expect 2 other bad things will happen. Being prepared helps soften the blow.

If the tire light comes on and you don't check your tires, it's your own fault if you end up changing a tire in the dark in the rain out in the cold on a busy interstate.

It's amazing that we have any positive fans.

Since I joined the board in 2007 we have had terrible luck.

In that time Florida and Alabama have combined to win 6 national titles and played for 8.
That right there is a kick in the nuts, but the law of averages should start to turn for us against Bama. History repeats itself in that rivalry. One team dominates for a decade then the other gets their run.

But looking at it from 2006...

2006- Florida game. SMH. We had that game if not for a ill timed roughing the passers that wiped out a Demetrice Morley pick 6

Lsu the same year they scored on the last play after converting numerous 3rd and 4th downs.

2007 we should of won the SEC but somehow they converted 4th downs and we lost to Ryan Perriloux

2008- clawfense. Enough said

2009-Kiffin and his gang of mercenaries gave us false hope.

2010-12 The Dooley years. 2010 we were able to hang tough with Oregon then a thunderstorm comes through and they get settled. Lsu we lost on the last play. Those two outcomes made me think Dooley knew what was going on until the next year.

2013-present I don't like the offense. Hell I don't care for Butch, nothing personal but as a coach. He is just too stubborn and his coach speak is nauseating.

It's easy to be negative after that run. Especially since I feel like we should of beat A&M and SC and Vandy. But 2017 is a new start with a new QB and I loved Joshua Dobbs but I hope having QBs with more accuracy will help instead of relying on the QB to run like a armored gazelle to bail out the offensive line.

I really wish the more negative fans were not on twitter attacking players and recruits with nonsense. It's creepy as hell.

Reactions: 4 people
It's amazing that we have any positive fans.

Since I joined the board in 2007 we have had terrible luck.

In that time Florida and Alabama have combined to win 6 national titles and played for 8.
That right there is a kick in the nuts, but the law of averages should start to turn for us against Bama. History repeats itself in that rivalry. One team dominates for a decade then the other gets their run.

But looking at it from 2006...

2006- Florida game. SMH. We had that game if not for a ill timed roughing the passers that wiped out a Demetrice Morley pick 6

Lsu the same year they scored on the last play after converting numerous 3rd and 4th downs.

2007 we should of won the SEC but somehow they converted 4th downs and we lost to Ryan Perriloux

2008- clawfense. Enough said

2009-Kiffin and his gang of mercenaries gave us false hope.

2010-12 The Dooley years. 2010 we were able to hang tough with Oregon then a thunderstorm comes through and they get settled. Lsu we lost on the last play. Those two outcomes made me think Dooley knew what was going on until the next year.

2013-present I don't like the offense. Hell I don't care for Butch, nothing personal but as a coach. He is just too stubborn and his coach speak is nauseating.

It's easy to be negative after that run. Especially since I feel like we should of beat A&M and SC and Vandy. But 2017 is a new start with a new QB and I loved Joshua Dobbs but I hope having QBs with more accuracy will help instead of relying on the QB to run like a armored gazelle to bail out the offensive line.

I really wish the more negative fans were not on twitter attacking players and recruits with nonsense. It's creepy as hell.

It does take effort to stay positive. About anything worth while takes effort to achieve.

Some creeps don't think they are creepy the others know it and like being that way.

Last edited:
We all pretty much have the same information(insiders have more than they probably share), we just come to different conclusions.

It's easy to base your conclusion of what the future will bring off the past and statistical data, but the cold hard facts are that trends are trends and that all they are. There are statistical anomalies that impact out lives that if a computer generated the results it would be called a glitch. The problem with that is a person told the computer to glitch due to a programming error or a power fluctuation.

When it happens in poker they say, "That's poker.", when it happens in football they say, "Any Given Sunday".

Life happens and we all have to deal with it.

Many don't want to hear that we all have the freedom of choice to interpret the data we have available at our own leisure to our own satisfaction.

There are many things in life that are cut and dry while most can be looked at like the cliche of "glass half full/half empty" perspectives.

When filling a glass it's half full when emptying a glass it's half empty, so the result of the level of fullness is based off the fact of how did it arrive to the level it is when measured.

The state of Vol football is either getting better or getting worse or staying the same.

2/3 of that is not good enough. The only solution at this point is for things to get better.

I've not seen or heard a single Vol fan to say 9-4 is great.bMany have said is statically what to expect, but not that it's great.

I choose to be realistic about the past(easy part), and I choose to be realistic about the future.

Statistics never scored a TD or blocked a kick.

For those that can't help but dwell on the negative side of the bell curve don't begrudge the ones that live on the positive side.

As for us that look foward to great things, just feel sorry for the ones that let life get in the way of living. I know I do.

2017 will be a year to remember!

Go Vols!
😩

Realistic...lol

😩

Realistic...lol

How is it so funny that great things can happen in 2017? Why can't great become reality?

The past is written with the cold hard truth. The cold hard truth is the future can be just as great as the past has been tough.

I'm not ready to write off 2017 just because of 2016. I am ready to "party like it's 1999"(Jan. 4,1999).

When you start a Marathon do you think about the days you didn't run your best or do you find motivation from days when you were your best?

I go both ways which can confuse people, but I try really hard to see the truth in the middle ground, and I find myself constantly trying and trying and trying and not getting anywhere. Then the emotions of the season start kicking in and then the madness that is vol fandom is thrown on top like a cherry and I snap like a rubber band. A man can only take so much before the insanity gets to him and he just has to say ENOUGH!

VN Store

Back