Bryce Brown top UT recruit all-time

We had a run there where almost every 5 star we signed was a huge bust. I still think the recruiting services give too much weight in the team rankings to 5 stars. There isn't much difference from a high 4 star and I would like to see what the difference in success rate is between the two. If some of those top 5 classes UT had in the 2000's were re-evaluated, they would be bottom 50 probably. A real ranking system would include the variable "team needs met." Fulmer's OL and DL recruiting was atrocious his last 5 years, with highly ranked classes up until the last 2. Great before that, though.

Reactions: 5 people
The article states that this is from 247 Sports.com Which it also says the first year was 2000. Any players we had before 2000 are not included on the list.

Reactions: 1 person
I would take a 3-star like John Kelly who is willing to work hard for his team rather than a 5-star prima donna who wants to get by on his reputation.

Reactions: 16 people
Michael Munoz would have had one helluva NFL career if not for a bum knee. He was playing grown man SEC football as a Freshmen

Reactions: 12 people
Jabari Davis was almost as major of a letdown as Bryce was. I honestly thought he was going to be in the Heisman running by his Jr year.

Reactions: 2 people
The article states that this is from 247 Sports.com Which it also says the first year was 2000. Any players we had before 2000 are not included on the list.

Well then, it would not qualify as "all time" or Tennessee history would it? :loco:

I guess the point of the article is just to show how bad we have recruited recently, just bad title.

You spin me Bryce Brown,baby
Bryce Brown like a record, baby
Bryce Brown Brown Brown

Reactions: 5 people
Really pretty sad. The jury is still out on Trey Smith obviously and McKenzie. But of the other 8 on the list, only 1 of them turned out to be a truly great player.

Why did Kiffin kick Demetrice Morley off?? He was a stud

I know nothing and claim to know nothing but my opinion is that Kiffin was going to play the incoming freshmen, when possible, rather than upper classmen.
"Hey, come to U.T. and as a freshman, you can get meaningful playing time and maybe even start"
Morley probably wasn't having it, so he was disrespectful to the coaching staff......
Just a guess!!!!!!!!!

I know nothing and claim to know nothing but my opinion is that Kiffin was going to play the incoming freshmen, when possible, rather than upper classmen.
"Hey, come to U.T. and as a freshman, you can get meaningful playing time and maybe even start"
Morley probably wasn't having it, so he was disrespectful to the coaching staff......
Just a guess!!!!!!!!!

Kiffin had Jantzen Jackson getting meaningful playing time. Bryce Brown played a lot and JuJuan James started.
So, KIffin was open to playing freshmen.....
Who would you rather have on the field, Morley or Jackson???? Well, Morley wasn't in favor of losing his starting job to a freshman. If you lose your job to a freshman and you are a senior, I doudt that you go to the NFL... One expection: Bray replaced Matt Simms and he landed on the roster with the Jets, Bills and now the Falcons.... Usually doesn't happen though.

Kiffin had Jantzen Jackson getting meaningful playing time. Bryce Brown played a lot and JuJuan James started.
So, KIffin was open to playing freshmen.....
Who would you rather have on the field, Morley or Jackson???? Well, Morley wasn't in favor of losing his starting job to a freshman. If you lose your job to a freshman and you are a senior, I doudt that you go to the NFL... One expection: Bray replaced Matt Simms and he landed on the roster with the Jets, Bills and now the Falcons.... Usually doesn't happen though.

Aaron Douglas as well, correct?

VN Store

Back