Dobbs. Peterman in Gruden's QB Camp

spudvol

Gruden?s QB Camp Returns for Eighth Season on ESPN - ESPN MediaZone

On Dobbs: “Dobbs is a dual threat. He’s from a no-huddle offense. He can really create plays with his legs. He played some of his best football when the team was behind and when the game was on the line. He brought the Volunteers back to win from double-digit deficits more than any guy in the country. He’s a great kid, very intelligent, and I think he caught peoples’ attention at the Senior Bowl.”

C5XJdxPWQAA6j7w.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
That picture makes Peterman's neck look about 1' long.

Edit: I hope he and Dobbs do well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
The honors keep rolling in for Josh.

I have a feeling he's gonna surprise a lot of people on Sundays.

Dobbs will be the best QB from this draft.

Only other guy who will be a good starting QB will be Brad Kaaya.

I have to give you credit dude, I don't know of anyone that takes as much crap as you and keeps on like it was nothing.

I'm sure it's on it's way.

Reactions: 7 people
I hope you're right about Dobbs, but I don't know how you can dismiss Watson so easily.

Guys with tremendous team success in college like him rarely succeed in the NFL (see Vince Young, Matt Leinart, etc.). Plus he's already had an ACL tear and takes brutal hits when running like RG3.

I just fear for his durability and the fact being on such great teams masked his weaknesses. Remember that a lot of those great passes against Alabama were his receivers making trememdous plays.

I prefer Dobbs and Kaaya to Watson in this class.

Reactions: 2 people
Watson has the "it" factor. He has performed at every level. He will be the best QB in the class. Dobbs might be the second best.

Vince Young also had an IT factor in college and it didn't work out in the NFL.

Its very rare for a QB with tremendous success in college like Deshaun to also succeed in the NFL. The best pro QBs are typically in the Dak Prescott or Derek Carr mold. Very good college success. But not really the heisman/national title winning QB.

Cam Newton is the only outlier to this general trend.

Reactions: 1 person
I love that Brad Kaaya is in it. I so badly hope Gruden asks him about his mom.
<in gruden voice> "Hey man...ya ever go home to your mom and say HI Felicia?"

Its very rare for a QB with tremendous success in college like Deshaun to also succeed in the NFL. The best pro QBs are typically in the Dak Prescott or Derek Carr mold. Very good college success. But not really the heisman/national title winning QB.

Eh I'd say Vince Young was substantially more dependent on his legs to where it did not suit the NFL. Watson has the IT factor but he can still throw daggers like against Alabama.

With Dak Prescot's success in Dallas, it will make it interesting to see where Dobbs ends up. I wonder if some team trying to catch lightning in a bottle will jump up and draft him earlier than expected?

Just hope Dobbs gets a chance to develop a season or two! Shame he never got to redshirt here! :banghead2:

Wish he would go later just for this purpose, if he goes real early he will probably get thrown to the wolves, and those NFL Lineman and Dbacks are AX Murderers!! :yikes:

Last edited:

Vince Young wasn't really a bad NFL QB; he won rookie of the year and ultimately had a 31-19 record as a starter for some pretty mediocre Titans teams. He could've been a great QB, but unfortunately he got screwed over by Jeff Fisher and a conservative playbook completely unsuited to utilize his talents. VY's problem was entering the NFL just a few years before it was really ready for a player like him.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you really that naive?

Because they were both mobile SEC qbs they are automatically similar? No. Ive watched every throw of Dobbs career and I watched every throw Dak threw this year and its night and day. Dak makes throws Dobbs can only dream of. Hell he threw for almost 3k more yards than Dobbs in his college career.

Reactions: 3 people
"I'm wrong 99% of the time, but people should listen to me. I have an eye for talent. Would have never told you Prescott is a prototypical NFL QB last year, but now I'll use him as a crutch in support of my argument that Dobbs is the best QB in this draft."

Reactions: 2 people
Because they were both mobile SEC qbs they are automatically similar? No. Ive watched every throw of Dobbs career and I watched every throw Dak threw this year and its night and day. Dak makes throws Dobbs can only dream of. Hell he threw for almost 3k more yards than Dobbs in his college career.

I totally agree with you that Dak is the better passer. My reference was to the fact that even in this day and age people see a successful black QB and the comparisons automatically start. I.e. the references some have to Russel Wilson (who is light years better than Dobbs as a passer, and Dak as well) Notice there is no reference to athletic white QB's (S Young, A Rodgers, T Romo).

I totally agree with you that Dak is the better passer. My reference was to the fact that even in this day and age people see a successful black QB and the comparisons automatically start. I.e. the references some have to Russel Wilson (who is light years better than Dobbs as a passer, and Dak as well) Notice there is no reference to athletic white QB's (S Young, A Rodgers, T Romo).

I agree with you I just wasnt going to go there because I have before on here and got shredded for it haha

Guys with tremendous team success in college like him rarely succeed in the NFL (see Vince Young, Matt Leinart, etc.). Plus he's already had an ACL tear and takes brutal hits when running like RG3.

I just fear for his durability and the fact being on such great teams masked his weaknesses. Remember that a lot of those great passes against Alabama were his receivers making trememdous plays.

I prefer Dobbs and Kaaya to Watson in this class.

What does Watson have to do to alleviate your "concerns" about his durability? Do answer, it's a rhetorical question, we already know your answer.

He injured the knee in November of 2014, his freshman year, played on it vs SCar after the injury and led them to their first win on the Gamecocks in 6 years while playing lights out......and proceeded to not miss a game in the next 2 years, 30 straight games. The kid has more than proven both his toughness and durability since that injury.

You may prefer Josh and Kaaya to Watson in this year's draft, but I seriously doubt any of the 32 professional NFL GMs do.

VN Store

Back