Best 10-year spans for each SEC team in terms of players selected in the NFL Draft

spudvol

Saturday Down South Verified account
‏@SDS

A look at the best 10-year spans for each SEC team in terms of players selected in the NFL Draft (source: Pro Football Statistics and History | Pro-Football-Reference.com )

C5HkkASUYAEnBXM.jpg

Link

Reactions: 6 people
Bama just added 5 more National Championships to their list because they are losing at something!

A&M wasn't in the SEC and talk about under performing.

UT left a lot of championships on the table because of Spurrier.

Reactions: 1 person
This should tell all the young Vol fans all they need to know and why there are a bunch of angry middle-aged Vol fans out there. Compare that to what the last ten years (sans the last few) have been like and you'll get it.

This should tell all the young Vol fans all they need to know and why there are a bunch of angry middle-aged Vol fans out there. Compare that to what the last ten years (sans the last few) have been like and you'll get it.

Yep. Affirms what we already knew. We are a shell of what we have had in the past. And that shell is cracked with Jones running things.

That there's a lot of old silver spoons laying around beside a bunch of old mileaged guys who think they can coach and never played D1 or any college football? ... or that gives them the right to whine everyday worse then a 13yo girl who can't go to the mall? :)

Before you go and poo-poo all over Jones, consider that the 2017 draft could be the beginning of a very similar run to 1994-03. Time will tell.

With 68 draftees over a 10 year span, you're looking at 6.8 players drafted per year. This will be the first full 4-year cycle of a Jones draft-eligible recruiting class, and he has 6 players invited to the combine. Doesn't look too far off if you think about it.

With 68 draftees over a 10 year span, you're looking at 6.8 players drafted per year. This will be the first full 4-year cycle of a Jones draft-eligible recruiting class, and he has 6 players invited to the combine. Doesn't look too far off if you think about it.

Yep, just 9 more years. :birgits_giggle:

Yep, just 9 more years. :birgits_giggle:

Well, yes, you're exactly right to take the under. If 68 draftees is the modern day SEC record, then why would you bet the over? All I'm saying is it's possible to string together a very good run with the way this year's draft class is shaping up.

Well, yes, you're exactly right to take the under. If 68 draftees is the modern day SEC record, then why would you bet the over? All I'm saying is it's possible to string together a very good run with the way this year's draft class is shaping up.

Just aggravating you.

And I hope we do go on a monster run.

Jones won't be around soon enough. He would still go without a title if he had that kind of a run.

In his day CPF could recruit. I remember watching a rebroadcast of the '97 UT-KY game and Fulmer was energetic and in everyone's face on the sideline. Made me sad to think of what had happened by 2010. From 1997 - 2001 we had it going though

VN Store

Back