Adams interview with Blackburn

What a jack-leg Adams is - why even go there?

“I heard he has a drinking problem,” someone who doesn’t know Blackburn told me.

“I think he has health issues,” someone else who didn’t know Blackburn told me.

Then, someone who does know Blackburn said, “I think he has diabetes.”

“Some people think he’s too nice a guy to make tough decisions,” said someone else.

Reactions: 5 people
Can you post some more of what he said so I don't have to click on the article? Thanks, I do not click on John Adams articles.

Reactions: 14 people
Can you post some more of what he said so I don't have to click on the article? Thanks, I do not click on John Adams articles.

Is he too nice a guy to make tough decisions?

He has had to fire four people in his time at Chattanooga, he said. And while he realizes the job requires toughness, he added, “I’m not going to be tyrannical.”

As for the assessment that he couldn’t be controlled, which seems like a good thing, Blackburn laughed.

“I’m not going to be a ‘do-boy,’ ” he said. “That’s not how I was raised. But I will collaborate with anybody.”

As he answered all my questions in a 30-minute interview, I came up with an idea for another rumor.

Tennessee really needs to hire this guy.

Reactions: 10 people
Adams will be an advocate for him because Adams thinks UT is going in another direction however if Blackburn is hired Adams will immediately turn on him. That's just the was John is.

Reactions: 3 people
Is he too nice a guy to make tough decisions?

He has had to fire four people in his time at Chattanooga, he said. And while he realizes the job requires toughness, he added, “I’m not going to be tyrannical.”

As for the assessment that he couldn’t be controlled, which seems like a good thing, Blackburn laughed.

“I’m not going to be a ‘do-boy,’ ” he said. “That’s not how I was raised. But I will collaborate with anybody.”

As he answered all my questions in a 30-minute interview, I came up with an idea for another rumor.

Tennessee really needs to hire this guy.

Thanks!
:rock:

“I heard he has a drinking problem,” someone who doesn’t know Blackburn told me.

“Some people think he’s too nice a guy to make tough decisions,” said someone else.

These aren't Adams quotes. Do you work for CNN? Do you have an agenda against Adams?

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Most ADs in Blackburn's position would say, "Sorry, but I don't comment on rumors."

He agreed to go through them one-by-one. This man has a lot of qualities that qualify him to be Tennessee's AD, and one of them is certainly how to deal with the media.

He turned a bunch of negatives into one big positive with honest responses that show he has nothing to hide. And credit Adams for reporting it responsibly.

Most ADs in Blackburn's position would say, "Sorry, but I don't comment on rumors."

He agreed to go through them one-by-one. This man has a lot of qualities that qualify him to be Tennessee's AD, and one of them is certainly how to deal with the media.

He turned a bunch of negatives into one big positive with honest responses that show he has nothing to hide. And credit Adams for reporting it responsibly.

Highly agree..,minus the credit for Adams. :)

These aren't Adams quotes. Do you work for CNN? Do you have an agenda against Adams?

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

You're a little slow this morning.

Adams is repeating hearsay quotes to stir the pot.

Most people understood what I was saying, and yes, I have an agenda against Adams when he stirs the pot.

Reactions: 4 people
Adam's already wrote up a piece for Fulmer yesterday. He is snuggling up to Fulmer.

Are you kidding me? The article was a backhanded way of listing every scandal from the Fulmer years as a HC. Adams will never write a positive article about the Tennessee Athletic program. I haven't read the article about Blackburn but I'm sure he took shots at him too just to be able to discredit either hire.

Why does the KNS think we want to hear only negative articles about the Vols? Mike Strange isn't much better.

Reactions: 4 people
You're a little slow this morning.

Adams is repeating hearsay quotes to stir the pot.

Most people understood what I was saying, and yes, I have an agenda against Adams when he stirs the pot.

All is forgiven
....I have an agenda with that chick in your avatar :censored:

Why does the KNS think we want to hear only negative articles about the Vols? Mike Strange isn't much better.

Like most media, they have an agenda they're trying to push which generally has little to do with actual facts and is commonly void of journalistic integrity...

Reactions: 3 people
Adams and Fulmer have always been close. Therefore, I'm not surprised at all that's he's trying to discredit Blackburn.

I didn't get that impression at all. At the end, he actually says, "after the time, I have another rumor. . . Tennessee needs to hire this guy." Paraphrased.

Adams will be an advocate for him because Adams thinks UT is going in another direction however if Blackburn is hired Adams will immediately turn on him. That's just the was John is.

He wouldn't "immediately turn on him." The columnist will assess the AD's performance //over time// just like the coaches and AD at every school are assessed /over time/ by sports writers and columnists--on the strength of his hires, financial performance and other criteria. Another southerner who doesn't understand the media...what a surprise.

I was already pretty much sold on Blackburn, but now that I know that Adams doesn't like him I am 100% behind Blackburn for AD.

For his introductory press conference they should play "Blackbird" by the Beatles but change it to "Blackburn singing in the dead of night."

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back