Ranking the top 10 returning LBs in the SEC for 2017

Not really. He was injured most of last year and didn't really look the same. Don't think he was 100 percent

Agree. Good freshman season, did nothing last year mainly due to injuries. We all know he's very talented and has the makings of a top SEC linebacker....just hasn't shown enough for others outside of the UT program and fans to take notice.

Last edited:
Kirkland will most likely be on that same list come end of the season, but after last season, this seems completely reasonable.

Reactions: 3 people
First, it's sds so it's safe to assume it's a awful list/article. Second, Kentucky had not only the number 1 LB, but 2 of the top 5. They couldn't have tried to harder to discredit themselves, I mean even more, while also giving readers a chuckle. I guess it's nice to see a list where 7 of the top 10 aren't Bama guys though.

Edit: To clarify, by they I meant SDS not UK.

Last edited:
It's been a great weekend til this thread. Thanks OP

You know how it works Fade. Whenever they release the list for the top QBs in the SEC, somebody will post it and lament what a crap list it is because QD and/or JG, or even Sheriron isn't on it.

Reactions: 1 person
First, it's sds so it's safe to assume it's a awful list/article. Second, Kentucky had not only the number 1 LB, but 2 of the top 5. They couldn't have tried to harder to discredit themselves, I mean even more, while also giving readers a chuckle. I guess it's nice to see a list where 7 of the top 10 aren't Bama guys though.

Or it means UK actually has some decent players at LB like in years past when we've had solid future NFL starters.

I disagree. Who else is going to make the tackles for Kentucky?

Or it means UK actually has some decent players at LB like in years past when we've had solid future NFL starters.

I just don't see it, those LB's got whipped regularly and by teams with less talent with them. Not to mention they never could figure out how to stop a zone read or what to do in general when I watched them.

You know how it works Fade. Whenever they release the list for the top QBs in the SEC, somebody will post it and lament what a crap list it is because QD and/or JG, or even Sheriron isn't on it.

Lol so true. Media releases best WRs in Sec. VN reaction - "What?? No Jeff George?? List is BS"

Reactions: 2 people
Our LB play has been pathetic the past 5 years. Seems like we always have one All-SEC player on the roster but he gets hurt midway thru the year.

DK doesn't get any consideration for being hurt but Skai Moore gets a pass. Bush league analyst work if you ask me.

A fully healthy Kirkland is easily a top 3 returning LB.

More motivational material for the team...keep it comin!

DK doesn't get any consideration for being hurt but Skai Moore gets a pass. Bush league analyst work if you ask me.

A fully healthy Kirkland is easily a top 3 returning LB.

More motivational material for the team...keep it comin!

Skai Moore led his team in tackles as a freshman, sophomore and junior and was second team all-sec before his injury. Surely you can see the difference. No slight to DKJr, but Moore has earned the benefit of the doubt for his recognition whereas DKJr hasn't yet.

Last edited:
Be reasonable folks.

Every SEC team will get a couple of good players now and then simply because they play in the SEC.

Even kenSucky and the Commode Doors will get a couple of good players because it's easier to recruit them

Come play for us and compete against SEC talent and as great as you are it will be easier on our team for you to get early playing time, what a easy sales pitch to a good player that wants to play a lot as a freshman and be a starter easily no later than as a soph, LOL!

Even a bad team in the SEC will get a few good players now and then and much of the time it's simply because they're in the SEC and can probably offer early playing time.

Ous Vols can't offer early playing time like we used to be able to do because the talent on our roster now is so much better than it was when buTch first got here.

Sometimes reality just sucks, LOL!

VFL...GBO!!!

Skai Moore led his team in tackles as a freshman, sophomore and junior and was second team all-sec before his injury. Surely you can see the difference. No slight to DKJr, but Moore has earned the benefit of the doubt for his recognition whereas DKJr hasn't yet.

Dk had about the same amount of tackles as Skai in 2015. They both got hurt in 2016. That is my point. Also coming back from an ACL is always iffy...Chubb is a good example.

So Skai got a pass but DK was grounded (pun intended).

VN Store

Back