Another prediction of Kamara going top 20

His ability to run and catch makes him a very valuable commodity. I will be shocked if he isn't taken in the 1st round

The scouts are finding out Kamara is a 3 down back - that's why his stock is rising.

Check it out:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEzJRVvRq8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Although Hurd has been one of the best backs UT's seen in the past decade, it's still hard to understand why AK didn't get more touches. They should have ran formations that had both of them in the game at the same time. Defenses wouldn't have known what to do! Hurd, Kamara, Dobbs or the threat of a play-action pass would have been hard for any defense to shutdown!

Reactions: 4 people
What is "Frogs Angels?"

Google is your friend. I believe this mock draft is much more believable than the NFL.com mock draft that I mentioned in the Kamara to Green Bay thread. His predictions make sense and even his mock trades hold water. Although, I'd hate to see DB fall two more spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
One of those guys you wish could stick around longer. Wish we could have seen him as the feature back for multiple seasons. Will go down as another stud vol rb. Happy for the contract he is on the verge of getting!

One of those guys you wish could stick around longer. Wish we could have seen him as the feature back for multiple seasons. Will go down as another stud vol rb. Happy for the contract he is on the verge of getting!
I would have loved to have had him next season but he did the right ting going pro. RBs shelf life is very short and his stock is about to peak.

I have no inside information and the following is pure speculation. Kamara got the lesser amount of touches as our staff was trying to keep what we now know was a highly prized local player happy that was actually a malcontent. Perhaps CBJ had not faced this situation previously as a HC in that he had never had such a high profile player go so far off the rails. Anyway he handled it poorly IMO as it's obvious with anyone having 2 eyes and a functioning brain, Kamara should have been the feature RB and the malcontent playing behind him.

Reactions: 4 people
I have no inside information and the following is pure speculation. Kamara got the lesser amount of touches as our staff was trying to keep what we now know was a highly prized local player happy that was actually a malcontent. Perhaps CBJ had not faced this situation previously as a HC in that he had never had such a high profile player go so far off the rails. Anyway he handled it poorly IMO as it's obvious with anyone having 2 eyes and a functioning brain, Kamara should have been the feature RB and the malcontent playing behind him.

Probably not far off. Let's hope he learns from the mistake.

Your gut talks?

tkEfATB.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Not to be anti but he's a third rounder at best. Lack of carries and touches hurt him. But, for him, it's helped because he isn't that roughed up. Except for that late cheap shot.

Alvin Kamara is one of the most talented and sadly, underutilized player in Tennessee football history. It's a damn shame. Go get paid Alvin, u deserve it

Feels about right. Only way we lose to SCar was a divided locker room and as we saw that's when things boiled over.

Not to be anti but he's a third rounder at best. Lack of carries and touches hurt him. But, for him, it's helped because he isn't that roughed up. Except for that late cheap shot.

The lack of touches/carries actually helps him since he has a lot less mileage than most other running backs. The mileage is the main reason most bellcow RBs are done by age 29 or so.

With that being said, I think he does slide to Round 2. There's a lot of good RBs in this draft so teams may be a little hesitant to draft one in Round 1.

VN Store

Back