Vols Headed to the NFL Combine

Just finished reading that article myself. Glad they all got invites. Looking forward to seeing how they do and getting TN back in the draft this year!

I wonder how JRM is doing - has he healed enough to put on a good showing ?

I hope the all do well. They are all fine representatives of the University - would love to see all of them drafted.

Best of luck to all of the guys. I really think croom and vereen deserved to be there as well. D OBrian as well if he didn't screw up. Croom and vereen will be a steal to any NFL team.

Reactions: 1 person
Croom wasn't utilized near enough just like wolf. Look at what croom did in his all star game. Both will probably be very solid NFL players.

There were a lot of weapons on offense this year so players had to "earn" their touches. Croom had a huge TD drop against UF on our first possession and was responsible for one of the aTm turnovers where a ball hit him in the hands and he knocked it up in the air for an easy int. If he played better he would have gotten more touches

Reactions: 2 people
No Danny O'Brian? I wonder how HIGH he will be drafted?

Seriously, I expected Vereen and Weisman to get a chance. Hopefully they will get a good look when Tennessee has their own combine or whatever you call it.

Kinda like Witten?

Do u really think Witten was underutilized here? I don't. U have to realize, he was on teams with Kelly Washington and Donte Stallworth. Plus, we had Travis Stephens setting the single season rushing record at UT, one of those years. I thought Casey did a good job of spreading the wealth.

Reactions: 3 people
Kinda like Witten?
Witten led the SEC in TD's and I think receptions as well his junior year. I don't think you can say he was underutilized when he made the All-SEC roster. I think a lot of you guys just look at the name and see it was a Fulmer recruit and just spout "underutilized" because of your dislike for Fulmer.

A lot of people don't realize Witten almost transferred from UT because he was moved from DE to TE.

Last edited:
And we still aren't even in the top 15 of # of players invited. Hopefully we will get back to the top one day.

Here are my predictions for our 2017 draft eligible Vols:

(1) Derek Barnett will go 11th overall to the Saints.
(2) Cam Sutton will go 15th overall to the Eagles.
(3) Alvin Kamara will go 16th overall to the Ravens.
(4) Josh Dobbs will go 51st overall to the Browns.
(5) Josh Malone will be drafted in the 3rd round.
(6) Jalen Reeves-Maybin will be drafted in the 6th-7th round.
(7) Dylan Wiesman, Danny O'Brien, and Malik Foreman will make NFL rosters as undrafted free-agents.
(8) Jason Croom and Corey Vereen will make it on practice squads.

(7) Dylan Wiesman, Danny O'Brien, and Malik Foreman will make NFL rosters as undrafted free-agents.

Here's my predictions to your predictions D4H. :p

1. Barnett will go lower than #11th. I'd say 20th-25th.
2. Cam will also go lower than #15th. I'd say late 1st round 28th-30th.
3. Kamara I'm close to agreeing with you. I say #17th.
4. Dobbs will go in the 2nd round. I just don't know where. I think he could go to Cleveland too but other teams could also use him. Just somewhere in the 2nd round.
5. Josh Malone will go late 2nd round-early 3rd round.
6. JRM I differ from you quite a bit. Yes, he's a smaller LB. Yes, he's coming off injury. I still think his skills gets him into the 4th round.
7. I agree with you on Wiesman & Foreman but not O'Brien. There's a chance with his speed that Foreman gets drafted in the 7th round.
8. I think Vereen can make an NFL roster as an UDFA. Croom I don't as a TE because he hasn't played there enough nor does he have enough skills to consistently play there. I say practice squad possibly for some team but a low chance for him to even do that.

Feel sorry for the team that signs Foreman

You just never know, he could be another Justin Coleman. Foreman had hustle and when he was solely a NB, he was pretty serviceable.

I'm here to tell you folks, Corey Vereen will be Mr. Irrelevant (last player taken in draft).

Also, DB is heading to one of my Fav teams, probably Dallas or Tennessee (Titans need bigtime help in secondary though). If not then Saints or Falcons gobble him up.

Who would have thought 3 years ago that both Dobbs and Peterman would be among the first 7 QBs taken in the draft this year?

Why do you say that? He was one of our best corners behind Cam last season. He ran down ball carriers to stop TD's a couple of times last season as well. He played pretty well for his career at UT.

Not great but I would classify his play as decent/average as a Vol along with some single plays I would say were great plays.

There were a lot of weapons on offense this year so players had to "earn" their touches. Croom had a huge TD drop against UF on our first possession and was responsible for one of the aTm turnovers where a ball hit him in the hands and he knocked it up in the air for an easy int. If he played better he would have gotten more touches

If there were a lot of weapons, how did we go only 8-4?

Why do you say that? He was one of our best corners behind Cam last season. He ran down ball carriers to stop TD's a couple of times last season as well. He played pretty well for his career at UT.

Not great but I would classify his play as decent/average as a Vol along with some single plays I would say were great plays.

I cant forget that final 15 seconds of the Georgia game - and of course Vandy

Here are my predictions for 2016...15-0 with Dobbs winning the Heisman!!!

BOTH ^^^have same credibility...

VN Store

Back