Brice: AD down Fulmer and Blackburn, but...

dbarker

If Blackburn gets he job he will hire Fulmer. If Fulmer gets the AD Job, Blackburn has stated he will not come to be 2nd in command. Per Brice

Reactions: 5 people
If true, how many search firms, discussions and committees did we go through, to end up back where we started?

Rhetorical, I don't really care.

Reactions: 21 people
Please hire Blackburn and he will bring Fulmer on board so we're gettin the best of both worlds and everybody will be happy......

Sorry let me rephrase that, most everybody will be happy!!!

Reactions: 31 people
"However, again, sources close to Blackburn and familiar with UT’s search process emphasized this weekend to 247Sports that Blackburn would immediately hire Fulmer to his staff, if Blackburn is tabbed to UT’s top spot, and would work to change bylaws in Neyland Stadium to get Fulmer’s name in the ring of those honored between the upper and lower decks of Neyland Stadium."

I want that to happen.

Reactions: 43 people
Not sure why anybody ever thought Blackburn would be open to such a move.

But it is reassuring to know that UT invested wisely in a second search firm to come up with the same finalists that UT was considering six months ago.

Reactions: 15 people
Blackburn would immediately hire Fulmer to his staff, if Blackburn is tabbed to UT’s top spot, and would work to change bylaws in Neyland Stadium to get Fulmer’s name in the ring of those honored between the upper and lower decks of Neyland Stadium.

That's shrewd backroom maneuvering right there. We need a guy like Blackburn.

Reactions: 10 people
If true, how many search firms, discussions and committees did we go through, to end up back where we started?

Correction, we did not hire a committee to search for an AD. We hired the firm to vet the candidates not to provide a list. There is a big difference.

Reactions: 3 people
Correction, we did not hire a committee to search for an AD. We hired the firm to vet the candidates not to provide a list. There is a big difference.

Right.
UT and its boosters needed Blackburn and Fulmer vetted.
I hear the committee did such a good job, that now the boosters feel like they know them.
:)

Reactions: 14 people
Do you know anyone who could have won another with the roster he left behind after 2008?

Exactly. Anyone ever wonder why Kiffin had to start two walk ons on the O-line in 2009 and a walk on middle linebacker on defense? People ***** about Dooley not signing an O-lineman in the 2012 class, yet no one ever brings up how terrible Fulmer left our O-line depth in 2009.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

I never saw confirmation they hired a search firm, last I heard they were still debating on using another firm other than the one they were under contract with.

When did they announce firm hired and which firm?

I never saw confirmation they hired a search firm, last I heard they were still debating on using another firm other than the one they were under contract with.

When did they announce firm hired and which firm?

I'm not sure if they did, never heard the outcome on that. that's why I included "how many" in the form of a question.
I'm not usually like this on UT stuff, but it was moving so slow, I kind of stopped paying attention.

Reactions: 1 person

This is an underrated question that unfortunately will not get the answer it truly deserves. Typical UT... we spend a king's ransom to find the easiest option.

Reactions: 2 people
UT put the job out for bid and reviewed proposals from four executive search firms before hiring Turnkey for $75K. As part of a national search, Turnkey provided and vetted a list of candidates. Beverly Davenport wanted a national search, and UT went the RFP route.

Exactly. Anyone ever wonder why Kiffin had to start two walk ons on the O-line in 2009 and a walk on middle linebacker on defense? People ***** about Dooley not signing an O-lineman in the 2012 class, yet no one ever brings up how terrible Fulmer left our O-line depth in 2009.

Exactly! People allow their (justified) hate for Kiffin to cloud their judgment. Kiffin actually did an amazing job with what he had.

Reactions: 4 people

I think Fulmer getting the Axe During the season, combined with poor performance had a lot to do with the next recruiting class. Kiffen tried to loudmouth his way to pull recruits...you see how that worked out.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Fulmer getting the Axe During the season, combined with poor performance had a lot to do with the next recruiting class. Kiffen tried to loudmouth his way to pull recruits...you see how that worked out.
I take it you didn't like Nu'Keese and Janzen Jackson?

VN Store

Back