Who gets drafted 1st? Barnett or Kamara

Who gets drafted 1st? Barnett or Kamara

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jkleno

With the upcoming draft in April, who gets drafted 1st...Barnett or Kamara?

I'll bet anyone here $1,000,000 Volnation bucks that it's Barnett.

Both are fantastic players. I guess we will see how the NFL combine workouts and measurables add to their resumes. I really feel that TB might sneak up and draft Kamara #19. It will be interesting with both hopefully going in the 1st round.

Tough choice. I choose Kamara for his potential and he's shown just enough to be very intriguing.

Barnett: Proven worker, producer, relentless, seems to get stronger as the game goes on, fast enough.

Kamara: Intriguing, very quick laterally, great catching out of the backfield, essentially no injuries, I think most are wondering if we've really seen what he can do with likely better blocking, etc.

There are multiple reasons that it will be Barnett, but the single most significant reason is that DEs are way more important in today's NFL than RBs.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm happy knowing, with almost 100% certainty, that the Vols are going to be represented in the draft this year.

It should be Kamara but it will be Barnett. I got the Saints picking Barnett at #11 overall and then the Ravens selecting Kamara #16 overall.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnett all day rbs are a dime a dozen, although I love Kamaras skill set.In the Nfl pass rushers are a premium almost as much as Qb.

I'll bet anyone here $1,000,000 Volnation bucks that it's Barnett.
Simply put, common sense says Barnett.

As far as Position Dlinemen go at a premium in the first round. Pass rushers even more so.. a pass rusher that is also a solid run defender? Seriously? Barnett has not only the stats but the tape.. Other pass rushers have similar stats but when you look at Barnett he did all his work against the big boys. they get to skip the cupcake games. That will end up being his biggest plus but could also be his big minus. trust me at some point some pundit will use the fact that he got all his sacks in big games against him (question his motor).

Running back has a lot less value in the first round of the draft. Unless a team falls in love and Kamara has the skill set that could cause that. he has all the signs a decent resume and low milage on the tires. Much like Barnett his biggest plus is also his biggest minus. All of Kamaras tape screams 1st rounder.. there is just not enough of it.

Every year way more DL goe in the first round than folks think and way less RB's we have what shapes up to be an interesting discussion except for one fact. I find it very very improbable Barnett falls out of the top 15 and very unlikely Kamara goes above that. My heart wants them to go 1-2 with dobbs and JRM at 3-4. But my brain wants them to both go late in the first to stable teams. except dobbs I honestly think the best 2 teams for him are New Orleans, San Diego and Cleveland. Dobbs needs system and opportunity. System Is there in New Orleans, New England, Atlanta, Seattle, Green Bay, San Diego in that order in my mind. Opportunity exists in Cleveland, Buffalo, NYJ, New Orleans.

Opportunity and system exist in both New orleans and San Diego puts them on top of my list for dream spots for him. Cleveland does not have the system proven but they have the coach that wants a system that needs dobbs. I also think he is the guy that can reverse the curse there. So I really really hope Cleveland spends a second or third rounder on Dobbs.Or some other team in the list picks him up in the third or 4th. San fran is also one.

In the end I thin Barnett goes earlier in the first round than most think Kamara hopefully goes second round sometime to a tem with a decent line. A back going in the first round is not gonna get a fair shake imo.Kamara hasn't proven he can be a workhorse (of people outside of TN).. though i fully think he can...Let him platoon and take the job of being the man instead of being thrust into it. Kinda like he did here.

Reactions: 1 person
I think scouts are missing the boat on Barnett, dude has a motor and got most of production against top talent. I bet teams that pass will later wish they hadn't. I see him as a top talent at next level

It should be Kamara but it will be Barnett. I got the Saints picking Barnett at #11 overall and then the Ravens selecting Kamara #16 overall.

You severely have no comprehension of draft value. High level D lineman are at a premium, while running backs are a dime a dozen.

Reactions: 4 people
You severely have no comprehension of draft value. High level D lineman are at a premium, while running backs are a dime a dozen.

I said that because I don't view Barnett as a high level defensive lineman. He's good but not great. And I don't view Kamara as a dime a dozen RB. I believe Kamara is a high level perennial pro-bowl caliber RB. So given the choice between an okay defensive lineman and a great RB, I'm taking the great RB everytime.

Obviously if this was Myles Garrett vs Alvin Kamara it would be a different story cause that would be a high level DE versus a high level RB and I would definitely go defensive end then.

As much as I like UT players, I think Barnett will be the only first rounder. Having said that, I'm not paid to make those decisions, so what do I really know.

I said that because I don't view Barnett as a high level defensive lineman. He's good but not great. And I don't view Kamara as a dime a dozen RB. I believe Kamara is a high level perennial pro-bowl caliber RB. So given the choice between an okay defensive lineman and a great RB, I'm taking the great RB everytime.

Obviously if this was Myles Garrett vs Alvin Kamara it would be a different story cause that would be a high level DE versus a high level RB and I would definitely go defensive end then.

Ohhhhhh boy. You done did it now

If Barnett makes it Past 8 I'll be shocked

Barnett is top 15 IMO. Anything past that and I'll be shocked.

Kamara in the 2nd (just too many good RBs in the draft) and Sutton late 2nd, early 3rd.

Have no idea where Dobbs will fall, but I believe he will be drafted. I think Malone ends up a FA or extremely late pick if anything. He should have stuck around another year.

This is a defensive heavy draft and the talk seems to be pulling back on Barnett and catapulting Kamara. Imma going kamara.

Barnett is top 15 IMO. Anything past that and I'll be shocked.

Kamara in the 2nd (just too many good RBs in the draft) and Sutton late 2nd, early 3rd.

Have no idea where Dobbs will fall, but I believe he will be drafted. I think Malone ends up a FA or extremely late pick if anything. He should have stuck around another year.

I only say that because my panthers need a solid DE
You can get value in RB and OL later

Barnett will probably go top 10 and Kamara will most likely be a second rounder. Barnett speaks for himself. Kamara is at position that has lost a lot of ground in the draft. Combine that with the fact that he has limited film of what he's truly capable of and he may end up sliding into the third if theres no pressure on teams to grab a rb.

Sadly Sutton will be a 5th or 6th round pick. While he stood out here that was more because of the lack of good DBs on our roster. He's solid and consistent but he was never a shut down avoid at all costs DB in college and those are the ones that get drafted and turn into solid and consistent DBs in the NFL. Very rarely will a shut down DB translate into a shut down db the NFL and the ones that are reliable and solid in college often struggle in the NFL.

VN Store

Back