Neuheisel bashing Butch over Scott hire.

Vfl2407

Was just listening to SXM College sports channel 84.
The host, former Coach Rick Neuheisel said that Scott hire is very dangerous because he hasn't been an OC before.
Said we should have hired Lincoln Riley.
Said despite Butch being on hot seat that UT is big enuf name and has enuf money to get a bigger name and more experienced person at OC than Scott.

Reactions: 3 people
The host, former Coach Rick Neuheisel said that Scott hire is very dangerous because he hasn't been an OC before.
Said despite Butch being on hot seat that UT is big enuf name and has enuf money to get a bigger name and more experienced person at OC than Scott.

Why would Riley leave OU right now?

Reactions: 2 people
Why would anyone that is anyone come to UT right now. With the instability at the top and the lack of leadership to find replacements I do not blame anyone for not coming. Butch probably realized that Scott was the best he was going to be able to do. I just hope it all works out.

Reactions: 3 people
one thing for absolute certain is that Butch has a better feel for UT football and who he wants around the program than Rick Neuheisel

Reactions: 64 people
meh. his job now isn't to be right or wrong. just get a debate started about whether it's right or wrong. file this in the category of "who cares". it's done. this is the horse we're riding.

Reactions: 5 people

Well if a guy who failed as coach at 3 different power programs said it, IT MUST BE TRUE!

Reactions: 39 people
It's true that Larry Scott is a gamble, but so is bringing in someone from the outside. You never know how they will mesh, how much they will want to change, and what the outcome will be. I think Butch realizes he is entering possibly the most important season in his coaching career and he is going to trust a "known" as opposed to an "unknown."

Reactions: 13 people
I posted comments about Lincoln Riley a few times.. I agree it would have been hard to get him to leave OU but that would have been the perfect hire

I think Scott is the perfect scapegoat for Butch if things don't go as he hopes. Can point to first year OC and buy himself more time. JMO.

Some guys are meant more to be talking heads than coaches. Rick Neuheisel is one of them. As for the Scott hire, no one ever got a chance at anything without someone else giving that person an opportunity to show what he/she is capable of. People gave Neuheisel multiple chances to be a head coach and he kept showing he couldn't do it. Time to give Larry Scott a shot at being an OC and make him show that he can't handle it before labeling him a failure.

Plus I really just don't like Neuheisel. Lou Holtz without the lisp, gimmicks and all.

Reactions: 10 people
I think Scott is the perfect scapegoat for Butch if things don't go as he hopes. Can point to first year OC and buy himself more time. JMO.

I'm sure that wouldn't save him if the season was a flop. I think he liked Scott as OC when he hired him to begin with

Larry Scott.. Two things that we should be happy about.
a) Recruiting ties to the state of Florida
b) Not Debord

By the way, not bashing Debord - I think some of his problems was the defense let opponents to score too fast.. However, he was fairly conservative. Might be hard to scheme against Scott, at least at first - before he has a body of work on tape.

who is he coaching? If i wasn't a coach i would not talk about who to hire i am in the coaches unemployment line.

Some guys are meant more to be talking heads than coaches. Rick Neuheisel is one of them. As for the Scott hire, no one ever got a chance at anything without someone else giving that person an opportunity to show what he/she is capable of. People gave Neuheisel multiple chances to be a head coach and he kept showing he couldn't do it. Time to give Larry Scott a shot at being an OC and make him show that he can't handle it before labeling him a failure.

Plus I really just don't like Neuheisel. Lou Holtz without the lisp, gimmicks and all.

Totally understand where you're coming from, but when Neuheisel is actually talking football I like listening to him. He also likes the Tennessee program and gets the SEC even though he's a West coast guy.

VN Store

Back