I need someone to talk to :(

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
Last year I lost my nana too lung cancer.. she raised me for 14 years. The night before her passing I told her I loved her and she didn't say it back. Two nights ago I had a dream inehich she appeared. Her soft spoken words told me to keep my family close. Mind you, on her year of passing My fiancé and I had a miscarriage. Life's been rough. Well, last night someone had set my SUV on fire and my barn. I had well over $20,000 worth of stuff inside my barn. I don't care about it though it's the memories that was made in that barn with my papaw that kills me and my nana rushing us to finish up tinkering on cars to come and eat supper. I'm at a loss for words. How could someone be so cruel! The SUV was parked on the car port. If I didn't hear my dog barking outside I'm sure the house would have went up in flames. I have nothing but my family now. That's more than enough. The pain is sending me into a deep depressed mode.

Reactions: 5 people

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 66
Be happy to have your family, that's a real blessing. Remember that while the physical evidence of your memories are gone, the memories and lessons you learned from those memories are forever with you. You will be in my prayers man

Reactions: 14 people
I can be of no help of why anyone would be that cruel. What I can tell you is that you have two different circumstances to focus on. 1 is what you lost, and nothing ever eases that but time. The other is what was saved. that you or no one in your family was harmed because the house didn't go up. That is a whole lot to be thankful for. As much as possible, I would focus on that...

Our thoughts are with you brother and we're all always here when you need it.

Reactions: 3 people
You may not believe it now, but things will get better. I know that sounds totally inadequate at the moment, but life won't knock you down forever. Hug your family and pray every chance you get. Your VN family is here for you too. Peace...

Reactions: 3 people
Last year I lost my nana too lung cancer.. she raised me for 14 years. The night before her passing I told her I loved her and she didn't say it back. Two nights ago I had a dream inehich she appeared. Her soft spoken words told me to keep my family close. Mind you, on her year of passing My fiancé and I had a miscarriage. Life's been rough. Well, last night someone had set my SUV on fire and my barn. I had well over $20,000 worth of stuff inside my barn. I don't care about it though it's the memories that was made in that barn with my papaw that kills me and my nana rushing us to finish up tinkering on cars to come and eat supper. I'm at a loss for words. How could someone be so cruel! The SUV was parked on the car port. If I didn't hear my dog barking outside I'm sure the house would have went up in flames. I have nothing but my family now. That's more than enough. The pain is sending me into a deep depressed mode.

If you have "nothing but family " you have EVERYTHING. Lot of people with material things and no one to love would trade with you in a nanosecond. Hope the authorities catch the scum that destroyed just to destroy, but keep your eyes on what's really important. :good!:

Reactions: 11 people
Sorry about all your losses. I lost my granddad last year in September. Still hurts to the point of tears sometimes. I hope everything gets better for you my friend

Reactions: 1 person
So sorry for what you're going through. Life just is a total uphill climb a lot of days and it sounds like it's been that way for you. While it would get anybody down a whole lot to have things taken from you, those memories, why they are right there inside of you. Having lost so many who have been close to me I can only echo what everyone else has commented in previous posts, that if you have family you have everything. I'll remember you in my prayers. Just remember, your grandma and grandpa would want you to climb that hill everyday of your life, I guarantee you they climbed many. Make them proud!

"Talk" about. I'll "listen". I'll find it when it gets moved and let you unload.

Otherwise, you'll be in my prayers man.

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't mean to sound like nothing but family that's the greatest blessing in life is having them to fall back on. Monroe county detectives just updated it from arson to attempted murder.

I didn't mean to sound like nothing but family that's the greatest blessing in life is having them to fall back on. Monroe county detectives just updated it from arson to attempted murder.

We know you pointed out that family was the most important. We we're just agreeing and reminding so you don't get overwhelmed with the negative.

If they believe it was attempted murder, that should really narrow the suspects.

Those are some terrible things to go through. If you really need someone to talk to there are many good support hotlines and groups near you that can be found with a quick google search. If you are a religious person just go to a nearby church. Help is never far away. I hope thing will turn around for you.

Reactions: 5 people
If you are a religious person just go to a nearby church. Help is never far away.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope you will take your family and go find someone at a local church to talk with. I'm sure they would love to help you.

But please go talk to someone. God bless.

That's about as bad as it can get. The best advice I ever got was to "remember the good times". It's the only advice I feel has helped me when bad things happen.

Hang in there and maybe it will get better over time.

We know you pointed out that family was the most important. We we're just agreeing and reminding so you don't get overwhelmed with the negative.

If they believe it was attempted murder, that should really narrow the suspects.

They have 2. They turned it over to state. Idk what's next.

Stay safe. Hopefully whoever did this isn't going to attempt something else or have someone try to do something to you and your fiance.

And I'll echo what the others have said: go talk to someone from a local church. Many churches help people like yourself in times like this whether its through housing, materials, job connections, etc....

Good luck.

Glad they seem to be moving on it so quickly.
I really do hate that you had to go through something so stupid but I meant what I said. Perfectly normal to grieve over the things you lost, But anytime it feels too much, refocus on what you did not lose. Materials can be replaced and your memories are still there.

God challenges and test those who love him... keep your faith and good things will happen (easier said than done)

Nah, man don't apologize. VN is kind of like one giant dysfunctional family...Vent away...we will listen...we will pray...and we will talk about the sorry POS that did that mess.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back