Larry Scott = Tee Martin?

VOL 4 Life 83

Think about it. Tee had never called a play before he took over OC duties at USC and look at how successful he was in his first year. I'm not shouting hooray at the Larry Scott hire, but he could end up being our Tee Martin.

Reactions: 8 people
It would be great if Tennessee could get that lucky.
This is Tennessee though so when it hits the fan it'll blow all over everything and expectations will be missed, again.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know yet, but I can say he seems to be the best hire this university has made in quite some time. I'm impressed.

I don't know yet, but I can say he seems to be the best hire this university has made in quite some time. I'm impressed.

Not a smart alec question, I promise. What are you impressed with in regards to being an OC? Looking at his bio he seems to primarily be an OL/TE coach.

Am I missing something that points to him being a solid playcaller? Not saying he won't be but I think most people not wearing orange colored glasses looks at the situation and thinks he's all we could get.

All that said, I hope he's great, just haven't seen anything to give me an opinion either way on calling plays.

The "best hire we've made in some time" comment you used is how I feel about out new secondary coach. I truly hope they're both excellet.

Not a smart alec question, I promise. What are you impressed with in regards to being an OC? Looking at his bio he seems to primarily be an OL/TE coach.

Am I missing something that points to him being a solid playcaller? Not saying he won't be but I think most people not wearing orange colored glasses looks at the situation and thinks he's all we could get.

All that said, I hope he's great, just haven't seen anything to give me an opinion either way on calling plays.

The "best hire we've made in some time" comment you used is how I feel about out new secondary coach. I truly hope they're both excellet.

I agree. We don't know what we have with Larry Scott. Tee was also a positional coach that hadn't called plays before and it seemed to work out well. I think there are a lot of parallels between the two.

I have no concerns about Scott. In fact, I have fewer concerns with Scott than I did with DeBord (and look how that turned out).

Scott's resume speaks for itself. By the time you've been a football coach for as long as he has, you understand the game. With one year in the program, he understands the system and the offensive philosophy.

I would rather have an experienced line coach than anything else, because everything you need to be successful starts up front.

If he wasn't capable, then Butch wouldn't risk his own career by choosing Scott for the job. He'll be fine.

Reactions: 13 people
I remain more concerned that we improve our horrible defense. A defense that looked so promising going into last year. Whatever it takes!

Reactions: 2 people
Now, if we can just get Larry hitched to a girl from Rocky Top who's 1/2 bear, 1/2 cat, and sweeter than soda pop. That way he'll never return to his alma mater.

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully Scott knows how to call throws past the sticks on 3rd down. That was my main complaint last season. That and Hurd up the middle for no gain every 1st down

Think about it. Tee had never called a play before he took over OC duties at USC and look at how successful he was in his first year. I'm not shouting hooray at the Larry Scott hire, but he could end up being our Tee Martin.

Perhaps and hopefully. As I posted elsewhere, this is, at least, addition by no subtraction. We didn't add a great recruiter, but we did avoid losing one. Just hope he can call a game. Just worry we're staring at 2008 all over again.

It's the truth something always says "not this year Tennessee".

Like i always say we are a 8 win program most years been fan 48 years take Phil's run out and do the math we are what you see a 8 win team most years like you say the truth is the truth and the truth hurts sometimes, we wont spent the money to be elite i don't know why but we won't.:eek:hmy:

Hopefully Scott knows how to call throws past the sticks on 3rd down. That was my main complaint last season. That and Hurd up the middle for no gain every 1st down

If he is calling for bombs on 3rd down this board would freak out saying why throw the low % ball instead of the one that moves the chains.lol

Reactions: 4 people

No Larry is much bigger and played line. Tee played QB at UT. Scott played at South Florida. Failing to see any comparison here.

Moving right along.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

VN Store

Back