Troy Calhoun on Charlton Warren

End of the day Butch brought Martinez with him. He could have hired someone like this when he got the job.

Reactions: 1 person
End of the day Butch brought Martinez with him. He could have hired someone like this when he got the job.

Are you kidding? Now that most love the hire you're going to complain because it wasn't soon enough. You just can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37 people

Martinez was solid his 1st year.
Sutton was a beast as a freshman.
And overall the secondary performed well.

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't take a lot to win the Commander and Chief trophy, I don't think.

The Arizona Bowl marks the Falcons’ ninth bowl appearance in Calhoun’s 10 seasons. He is the only coach in the history of the service academies to lead to his team to at least seven wins and a bowl berth in each of his first five seasons. Air Force had endured three straight losing seasons prior to Calhoun’s return.

Calhoun is a good coach and had multiple offers to move to bigger programs. There was even some chatter around him coming to UT at one point post Kiffin.

I'll question Jones as much as anyone on here but I was pleased with the Warren hire.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know much st all about warren, but everything I've read has been good.

I really like this dude from listening to his interviews. I bet kids are really impressed by him. May be the real deal!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back