Bobby Dodd Award: Trey Smith named National High School Lineman of the Year

kamoshika

6_5027526.jpg

Trey Smith of University School (Jackson, Tenn.) and Najee Harris of Antioch High (Calif.) have been named the high school winners of the Bobby Dodd Awards by the Touchdown Club of Atlanta.

Smith, an offensive tackle who is an early enrollee at Tennessee, was named the National High School Lineman of the Year...The massive Smith, who is 6-5 and 315, adds the honor to his list of accolades that include playing in the Under Armour All-America Game, finishing ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the Class of 2017 by ESPN.com and being named to the American Family Insurance ALL-USA First Team by USA TODAY Sports. He also is a two-time Mr. Football Lineman of the Year in Tennessee.

Smith was chosen over finalists Isaiah Wilson, an offensive tackle from Poly Prep (Brooklyn, N.Y.) headed to Georgia, and Marvin Wilson, an uncommitted defensive tackle from Episcopal (Bellaire, Texas).

Trey Smith, Najee Harris win Bobby Dodd national high school awards | | USA Today High School Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
6_5027526.jpg

trey smith of university school (jackson, tenn.) and najee harris of antioch high (calif.) have been named the high school winners of the bobby dodd awards by the touchdown club of atlanta.

Smith, an offensive tackle who is an early enrollee at tennessee, was named the national high school lineman of the year...the massive smith, who is 6-5 and 315, adds the honor to his list of accolades that include playing in the under armour all-america game, finishing ranked as the no. 1 prospect in the class of 2017 by espn.com and being named to the american family insurance all-usa first team by usa today sports. He also is a two-time mr. Football lineman of the year in tennessee.

Smith was chosen over finalists isaiah wilson, an offensive tackle from poly prep (brooklyn, n.y.) headed to georgia, and marvin wilson, an uncommitted defensive tackle from episcopal (bellaire, texas).

trey smith, najee harris win bobby dodd national high school awards | | usa today high school sports

boom!!

pancakes all around...247sports slipped him to 5th best in the nation...I guess I'm just a sucker but I'm willing to take a chance on him...what the heck...happen to like orange and white...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
I really like this years and last years lineman haul. If Richmond comes comes around I like the bookends. Tatum and Johnson will compete big time.

He should come in and start from the get go smith being a EE should help him a ton.

I think this kid is gonna be an outstanding player for us but assuming he'll start from day one is likely a stretch and unrealistic expectation. Let's let him come in and develop behind some guys heading into their 3rd and 4th years in the program. If he can start then great, if not, no worries.

I really like this years and last years lineman haul. If Richmond comes comes around I like the bookends. Tatum and Johnson will compete big time.

OL should be strongest unit on the team this year. This is a good thing for breaking in a new qb.

Anyone think Trey could take the LT position this season? I wonder if they'd move Richmond over to RT and put Trey in there as a true freshman?

Anyone think Trey could take the LT position this season? I wonder if they'd move Richmond over to RT and put Trey in there as a true freshman?

Idk...I just remember Michael Munoz starting as a true freshman and as good as he was he struggled a little as a true freshman. It is without a doubt the hardest position to start as a freshman....even QB....Michael probably would have been a true NFL legend like dad had the injuries not piled up but man he showed a lot of heart...I think Trey can be as great as he wants to be though I just don't expect it as a true freshman....

VN Store

Back