Official Statement from UT on the AD Position

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
This reads like something from Dr. Seuss:

The University of Tennessee issued a statement Wednesday night to shed light on the search for a new athletic director. The gist: A hire is not imminent.

This is the text of the statement:

"Dr. Davenport arrives on Feb. 15 to begin serving as UT Knoxville’s chancellor. She has said that filling the AD position is one of her top priorities.

The athletic director serves as a member of the chancellor’s cabinet. Dr. Davenport has emphasized the importance of finding the best person for this key role.

The university is in the midst of a procurement process to hire a search firm to assist with the search.

Once that process concludes, UT will release information about the firm that is selected.

At that time, the campus will also announce the members of the search committee and provide a tentative schedule for the search process.

We hope to announce these details soon.

From there the search committee and the firm will begin working together to begin the national search.

Dave Hart continues to serve as the Athletic Director for the UT Knoxville campus. His retirement date is June 30, 2017.''

:crazy::eek:lol::loco::thud:

Reactions: 7 people
If Dave Hart's decision to stick around until June 30 has prolonged all of this, can they just fire his ass and hire Blackburn already!? If reports are true, Jones' hands have been tied with regard to hiring quality assistants due to this BS.

Reactions: 11 people
People need to calm down

I agree. It baffles me that people are so up in arms about this. Hart is on contract until this summer and it would be a mistake to saddle the new Chanceler with an AD she had no hand in picking. Be patient.

Reactions: 5 people
Meanwhile, in Tuscaloosa, their AD announced his retirement on Sunday night and he introduced the new AD in person this morning to the Alabama coaches and staffs.....4 days later.

Reactions: 20 people
If they are in the midst of the "procurement process" then it is going to take a while. Maybe we can submit proposals for their RFP to be the search firm and save the University hundreds of thousands.

Reactions: 1 person
So After the New Chancellor starts, they will begin the process of hiring firm to begin the process of finding an AD candidate and begin the process of hiring an AD, Correct?? :blink::blink:

So we should have a new AD by 2021!! :salute:

10037-albums19-picture5119.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
So After the New Chancellor starts, they will begin the process of hiring firm to begin the process of finding an AD candidate and begin the process of hiring an AD, Correct?? :blink::blink:

:thud::thud::thud:

You get it! :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
If they are in the midst of the "procurement process" then it is going to take a while. Maybe we can submit proposals for their RFP to be the search firm and save the University hundreds of thousands.

Nah...I'm pretty sure that VN is their "committee." They just do the opposite of what the "committee" wants. :eek:lol:

So if its up to Beverly then it will be Mike Bohn. She is familiar with him and and there is trust there. Get ready to be disappointed

:thud:

Not sure it will be that soon.

If Dave Hart's decision to stick around until June 30 has prolonged all of this, can they just fire his ass and hire Blackburn already!? If reports are true, Jones' hands have been tied with regard to hiring quality assistants due to this BS.

It hasnt. He said he'd be happy to hang around until they hire someone and happy to leave early when they do.

Actually Hart gave us a nice long notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Meanwhile, in Tuscaloosa, their AD announced his retirement on Sunday night and he introduced the new AD in person this morning to the Alabama coaches and staffs.....4 days later.

I must have missed the part where they also hired a new Chancellor. Y'know, the main roadblock in this process.

Reactions: 8 people

Exactly, Alabama has known for sometime that Bill Battle was going to retire because of his health, and they went to work, announced the retirement, and already had a replacement ready to be announced. Wow.

I don't think the delay is a big deal, and I don't have much of an opinion on David Blackburn, but I'm definitely getting to the point that I'm appalled by the ridiculous way this process is playing out in public.
Hopefully, that's the point of this release. I agree that the soap opera is dumb.

VN Store

Back