Ryan Thaxton (DE Virginia) commits to Vols

I feel like we should do a better job recruiting VA. Of course, it would be nice to truly lock down our own state first :zeitung_lesen:

Reactions: 8 people
facepalm.gif.4abc88227be97a180cf809d198b8cfc3.gif

Reactions: 14 people
I feel like we should do a better job recruiting VA. Of course, it would be nice to truly lock down our own state first :zeitung_lesen:

We got 3-4 top recruits this cycle from VA. In addition, we did well in-state. But, recruiting is based on needs and evals. Every staff may not see the same grade as another one. Then again, some kids don't want to go to the state school. Look at how many we get out of GA. We weren't as deep granted this cycle in state, but you win some and you lose some. Our class is rounding out nicely.

Reactions: 6 people
Glad to have him. It's always nice to see recruits speak well about Tennessee. He has great measurements. I think he'll be a fine addition, but will need a year or so to start contributing in a meaningful way.

I'm concerned with how many top recruits we are in on late and how tight this class is on numbers. We still need a RB, WR, CB, and Ray/Conliffe/Sterling.

Reactions: 4 people
Glad to have him. It's always nice to see recruits speak well about Tennessee. He has great measurements. I think he'll be a fine addition, but will need a year or so to start contributing in a meaningful way.

I'm concerned with how many top recruits we are in on late and how tight this class is on numbers. We still need a RB, WR, CB, and Ray/Conliffe/Sterling.

im also interested in seeing how these numbers play out, with 2 weeks before signing day, it going to get interesting, folks going to upset or elated...

Reactions: 1 person

Cut someone else on line you don't like as much...

Welcome Ryan...Dline...Butch stocking the cupboard...Rock will get these kids ready to go...wouldn't doubt many being contributors next year in a big way, but, I hope not because of injuries...:)

GO

Reactions: 2 people
Glad we got him...but if that kid is 6'5" then everyone who plays high school football in VA is really, really tall.

Guess those offers from Old Dominion and Cornell were just not enticing enough?

Sad to see how this team's recruiting is fading as Coach Jones's coaching in-abilities become more obvious. Soon we will be excited that we got a 2 star recruit from Delaware or Rhode Island! Jeez.

Reactions: 7 people
Guess those offers from Old Dominion and Cornell were just not enticing enough?

Sad to see how this team's recruiting is fading as Coach Jones's coaching in-abilities become more obvious. Soon we will be excited that we got a 2 star recruit from Delaware or Rhode Island! Jeez.

He had 2 sec offers. Not the worst weve done.

Seems like someone mentioned that Doug Matthews said we could have 3 blueshirts but not a 100% sure. Still cutting it close with what we have committed and what is still needed.

He had 2 sec offers. Not the worst weve done.

Agree but we are expecting a top SEC team on the field yet we are stocking 2nd tier talent for the most part. 2017 will be an example of that. Not sure how 2018 will stack at this point. We wasted the talent on 2016's team losing to two teams we should have blown out, but didn't.

Agree but we are expecting a top SEC team on the field yet we are stocking 2nd tier talent for the most part. 2017 will be an example of that. Not sure how 2018 will stack at this point. We wasted the talent on 2016's team losing to two teams we should have blown out, but didn't.

Yeah the current national champions had no business barely hanging on to victories against Troy, NC State, and Pitt when they should have blown out all 3...but that is football...sometimes you win what you should big...or you eek it out or get upset...it happens in all of college football...but it sucks when it is your school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back