Charlton Warren also Special Teams coach

Wonder what that means for the former Special Teams Coach...

he is going to be the OC..

reality is STC is just a title. the entire staff is split into separate responsibilities in relation to special teams, Jones has more say about special teams than any other coach..

Reactions: 10 people
Yea it completely points to the fact that behind the scenes Scott has been promoted to OC, and It allows us the opportunity to give Warren another title to offer him more and pull him from a decently successful spot. I believe CBJ is trying to finalize his QB coach before it's announced of Scott OC and ? as QB.

Then possibly Z feels jaded and bounces meaning new WR coach, hopefully new OL coach but most believe it's Wells and idk if that's good or bad.

Reactions: 1 person
I dont care how good the UNC guy is at special teams, keep it the way it is. We may not be confident in our field goals beyond 40 yards but other than that theyve been spectacular. The one truly stable and efficient spot throughout butchs tenure.

Reactions: 5 people
I dont care how good the UNC guy is at special teams, keep it the way it is. We may not be confident in our field goals beyond 40 yards but other than that theyve been spectacular. The one truly stable and efficient spot throughout butchs tenure.

special teams responsibilities have always split between all the coaches with butch. warren's st title won't affect anything.

he is going to be the OC..

reality is STC is just a title. the entire staff is split into separate responsibilities in relation to special teams, Jones has more say about special teams than any other coach..

This was my understanding as well. Jones was special teams, kicking, and returns. He caught flack for Medley's mishaps in 2015.

First two sentences of this with an "amen."

I agree that we've fielded an All-American caliber special teams unit for at least the past couple of seasons.

Everything from Evan Berry's hundred yard KO returns to Trevor Daniel's coffin corner accuracy to even Riley Lovingood's highlight reel play last season and Medley's been getting better showing promise for his best season to come in '17.

All signs point to continued solid play on special teams which of course is one of General Neyland's maxims.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree with everything said about special teams except Medley. He was the #4 kicker in the 2014 class. He has had three years to get it together and show consistency. I have not seen it. I do not blame him for certain kicks, like the 58 yarder, but he still misses a lot and has issues on kickoff. I do not believe he is terrible, but it would be nice to have someone more consistent and able to hit the clutch kicks. However, I do think he is solid midrange, it seems anything passed 45 yards or with the game on the line becomes an issue.

His career stats are:
2014 20/26 (76.9%)
2015 21/31 (67.7%)
2016 11/16 (68.8%)
Total 52/73 (71.2%)

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, he had some early struggles, but in the MCB, he nailed the 46 yarder which I took as a sign the ball is in his court to use as momentum for next season.

Yes, he had some early struggles, but in the MCB, he nailed the 46 yarder which I took as a sign the ball is in his court to use as momentum for next season.

Agreed. I believe he has the talent, I think he struggles with the pressure at times. I hope he has a great senior season. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Reactions: 2 people
No doubt. Hey, if you haven't seen this video about our special teams yet, you have to check it out:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/3RlzBVEIjtI[/YOUTUBE]

(^It's this kind of true team spirit that makes Tennessee football so special in my opinion!)

Last edited:
No doubt. Hey, if you haven't seen this video about our special teams yet, you have to check it out:

(^It's this kind of true team spirit that makes Tennessee football so special in my opinion!)

That's awesome. You are exactly right. Thanks for sharing.

Great video that's what it's all about teamwork
Thanks for sharing

VN Store

Back