No announcements

volnpowell

Anyone think that it is odd they have not announced a coach being let go before hiring his replacement (strength coach and now DB coach)?

I wonder why Butch is handling it this way... recruiting?

Anyone think that it is odd they have not announced a coach being let go before hiring his replacement (strength coach and now DB coach)?

Definitely recruiting. Pitch to the recruit " you liked this coach I know, but this guy is much better at development and you will love him too."

From my understanding their was an opening for SC anyway, so no need to let anyone go. Not sure why the DB coach release wasnt announced, unless he is just moving him and promotioning OC from within. At which case their would be no need to let anyone go.

Reactions: 2 people
Could also be Butch controlling the media. Hard to jump a story about a hire if the previous coach has yet to be fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
From my understanding their was an opening for SC anyway, so no need to let anyone go. Not sure why the DB coach release wasnt announced, unless he is just moving him and promotioning OC from within. At which case their would be no need to let anyone go.

There was speculation for awhile, but I never saw where Butch/UT announced him being let go before hiring Rock.

the S&C coach was let go last April and Rock was just hired

The way I understand it, Martinez isn't being fired or "let go". They are just choosing not to renew his expired contract. Obviously to you and I, he's being fired but it's a little cleaner than that and I would guess all parties involved new what was going on prior to the hire.

Reactions: 3 people
Didnt someone leave last year and was not replaced?

S&C was let go last April. Why do you think there were so many injuries this year?

Iirc, it was the guy under Lawson that was promoted. Maybe he technically was not promoted, but I thought he took over his responsibilities anyways. I justremember the players talking about how they like they work by position group rather than team.
I remember that because I posted it was dumb to have them train as team rather than by positon because you would not train a DT the way you would a DB.

Last edited:
SC was vacant so he just filled that position. They announced the firing of Martinez in the same announcement as the hiring of Warren.

S&C was let go last April. Why do you think there were so many injuries this year?

So not having full time strength coach was the cause of Concussions and to Ankle and Knee Ligaments. They may have failed in overall strength but not with injuries. Please understand what you are talking about before posting and placing blame where it is not deserved.

Reactions: 6 people
The way I understand it, Martinez isn't being fired or "let go". They are just choosing not to renew his expired contract. Obviously to you and I, he's being fired but it's a little cleaner than that and I would guess all parties involved new what was going on prior to the hire.

Martinez was fired last night. If he doesn't get another job we owe him about 450K. his contract was through February 2018

Reactions: 4 people

Sounds like a meeting of " The Bob's" from office space.

Martinez was fired last night. If he doesn't get another job we owe him about 450K. his contract was through February 2018

True. Despite Martinez underperforming here, he has been DC at Georgia and has been DBs coach at Tennessee so I can see him easily landing a spot somewhere. It may not be a 450k one but he will be grabbed by someone before spring practices open up.

True. Despite Martinez underperforming here, he has been DC at Georgia and has been DBs coach at Tennessee so I can see him easily landing a spot somewhere. It may not be a 450k one but he will be grabbed by someone before spring practices open up.

possibly but I understood he tried at Georgia Southern and it didn't work out..

Well clearly I didn't understand! Thanks for the clarification. Not sure why I thought his contract was up.

Sounds like a meeting of " The Bob's" from office space.

WE JUST....FIXED THE GLITCH!

10037-albums19-picture5780.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back