So what's the hold up on OC?

Dougie_D

It didn't take that long to announce a new DB coach.

Does Volnation think we have an OC? Or is Butch still searching?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't mind waiting, Butch knows he better that one right, or most of the BSIA will be out of a job.

It didn't take that long to announce a new DB coach.

Does Volnation think we have an OC? Or is Butch still searching?

Didn't they just finish the coaches' meeting in Nashville? If it's not Scott, I'm sure the phones are buzzing.

He seriously might be having trouble getting someone to accept the job. For one thing he could be viewed as kind of in a lame duck type situation. Clearly he's lost a big portion of the fan base and will have a new athletic director soon. Also, the last couple of oc's have constantly caught hell from the fans. And at the end of the day they were bit just "yes" men doing exactly what butch told them to do. It wasn't debord's fault that butch failed to realize that both Kelly and kamara were way better at running out of the read option than Hurd. We ran it with Hurd a million times early in the year for about a 1 yard average. I'm also guessing that butch had instructed Dobbs to not run a lot early on to ensure that he wasn't injured. And in my opinion that was one of the huge mistakes we made this season. Dobbs is a great runner and everything works better when he's keeping it 10 times a game.
It was also butch that fired the strength and conditioning coach and replaced with with a ga...which led to the most significant injuries we've likely ever had in a given season.
It's going to be difficult for any oc to be successful as long as butch is the coach here and eventually candidates will begin to realize it's not good for their careeers to be butch Jones assistants

Reactions: 6 people
He seriously might be having trouble getting someone to accept the job. For one thing he could be viewed as kind of in a lame duck type situation. Clearly he's lost a big portion of the fan base and will have a new athletic director soon. Also, the last couple of oc's have constantly caught hell from the fans. And at the end of the day they were bit just "yes" men doing exactly what butch told them to do. It wasn't debord's fault that butch failed to realize that both Kelly and kamara were way better at running out of the read option than Hurd. We ran it with Hurd a million times early in the year for about a 1 yard average. I'm also guessing that butch had instructed Dobbs to not run a lot early on to ensure that he wasn't injured. And in my opinion that was one of the huge mistakes we made this season. Dobbs is a great runner and everything works better when he's keeping it 10 times a game.
It was also butch that fired the strength and conditioning coach and replaced with with a ga...which led to the most significant injuries we've likely ever had in a given season.
It's going to be difficult for any oc to be successful as long as butch is the coach here and eventually candidates will begin to realize it's not good for their careeers to be butch Jones assistants
man by the sounds of it, we might as well just cancel the season:crazy::crazy:

Reactions: 10 people

All speculation. Butch has not lost a large portion of the fan base. Just a few loud mouth NegaVols. Everything is going to be fine.

Reactions: 35 people
Looking at some other candidates and scheduling is tough.

Gut says it will be canales

Good hire for a QB coach. I know some will and have scoffed at this possibility but he has extensive QB coaching experience with some success. Biggest upgrade needed on offense is for the OL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
:thud:

:eek:lol::crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe the hold up has been waiting for the new OC's team to lose in the NFL playoffs.

This could be a rumor... or maybe fake news planted by Russian operatives. Da, negavolnik?

Reactions: 5 people

Words cannot express the amount of idiocy in this

Reactions: 7 people
Looking at some other candidates and scheduling is tough.

Gut says it will be canales

Canales may be the favorite, but if Coach Jones still wants to look at other candidates, that tells me he may not exactly be the overwhelming favorite.

VN Store

Back