Jason Witten = class

mudhen

Man, did you see that touchdown catch? And no crude display afterwards. That's class brothers and sisters. He's a VFL baby!

Reactions: 8 people
I'm old school. Catch the ball, politely toss it to the official and high five the man closest to you

I don't think that equates being old school. I think saying "I'm old school" is just code for "I don't like how other people do things, so I'm going to throw a line in there that pretends like we did everything differently (better) in a past era."

I don't know if I'm new school or old school, or if that's even a thing, but I think when we try to make everything out to be a big deal, it's just silly.

So he didn't make a big, demonstrative celebration, while others choose to celebrate differently.

Fantastic.

They get paid millions to run around a field with a leather ball while thousands pay large amounts of money to scream and cheer and adore them. I imagine a group of people sitting on couches responding to comments about TD celebration decorum are less than inconsequential to them.

And, no, the irony of me using so many words to respond to a comment about being "old school" isn't lost on me.

Reactions: 8 people
You must be a teenager who has never played sports. Celebrations should be after a win, not after one play. Only self-centered people who are used to getting participation trophies but never really win would celebrate a single play like some of these idiots. Witten has class, he has been there before. I am sure you have not.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think that equates being old school. I think saying "I'm old school" is just code for "I don't like how other people do things, so I'm going to throw a line in there that pretends like we did everything differently (better) in a past era."

I don't know if I'm new school or old school, or if that's even a thing, but I think when we try to make everything out to be a big deal, it's just silly.

So he didn't make a big, demonstrative celebration, while others choose to celebrate differently.

Fantastic.

They get paid millions to run around a field with a leather ball while thousands pay large amounts of money to scream and cheer and adore them. I imagine a group of people sitting on couches responding to comments about TD celebration decorum are less than inconsequential to them.

And, no, the irony of me using so many words to respond to a comment about being "old school" isn't lost on me.

You're right. High fives are not old school. Could not have said it better myself.

Release the Beast!

This is the only board I know that can turn a celebration of JW into an argument!

I disagree. This is a polite discussion. We aren't wild animals.

A kid was over visiting and was up stairs with my kids, she came running down the stairs and said "They are acting like animals, wild animals!". I wasn't surprised.

A non-taunting celebration

Who does it hurt?

The only victims of a touchdown celebration I've ever seen are the "old school" crowd.

Reactions: 5 people
What did you expect? It was invented by Al Gore.

Yeah, so was the internet and man made global warming, LOL!

Too much celebrating gets you a penalty so smart people learn to do it right and not delay the game.

JW has always been a Pro and total class.

That's why the Dallas practice facility has a 40 foot tall portrait of him in there.

Want to become a real Pro, copy what JW does every single day.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back