Great piece about GOAT TE Witten

pismonque

Bury me in Orcadian peat
Jason Witten's title quest transcends Dallas

The last thing every Dallas Cowboys player sees before stepping onto the practice field is a giant portrait of Jason Witten. It's a vividly enhanced, 40-foot snapshot of the 10-time Pro Bowl tight end as he rumbles 53 yards through the heart of the Philadelphia Eagles' defense, his eyes on the end zone, a trickle of blood leaking from his right nostril, his helmet nowhere to be found.

Nice write-up. Love to see that huge pic in person.

Reactions: 11 people
Sweet.

image1

Reactions: 11 people
Not a Cowboys fan, but would love to see him get a ring this year. Him or Berry. That would be awesome to see a Cowboys v. Chiefs Super Bowl.

Reactions: 9 people
Excellent article. UT has been well represented in the NFL over the last 30 years by some remarkable men.

I know we have always put people in the league but players like Jason, Peyton, Reggie, and EB...schools would be lucky to claim just one of those guys.

Reactions: 5 people
Being from Elizabethton Tennessee, I I've had the chance to become acquainted with Jason Witten. My nephew Hunter, was quarterback at Elizabethton in 2015. I also played for Jason's Grandfather at Elizabethton in the 1980s. He truly is a legendary football coach. If any player in the league deserves a ring it would be Jason. He's really a great guy with what I like to call small-town morals. I would love to see him get a ring but, being a die-hard Packers fan, just not this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Being from Elizabethton Tennessee, I I've had the chance to become acquainted with Jason Witten. My nephew Hunter, was quarterback at Elizabethton in 2015. I also played for Jason's Grandfather at Elizabethton in the 1980s. He truly is a legendary football coach. If any player in the league deserves a ring it would be Jason. He's really a great guy with what I like to call small-town morals. I would love to see him get a ring but, being a die-hard Packers fan, just not this year.

Come on now, John. Jason's career is winding down but the Packers will always be there. Let him have it. :)

Reactions: 4 people
I still remember when we played them in HS and the picture on the front of the Saturday sports section was him carrying two of our DB's down the field. Looked like a dad playing with his kids.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QB7h7UPSDs[/youtube]

2:17:16 mark made me rattle pictures off my living room wall.

Last edited:
I don't particularly give a rip about the Cowboys but I'm always interested in what JW is doing. I hope they go all the way this year so JW gets his ring.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTFogMur6Yo[/youtube]

Witten struck fear into SEC Defenses especially when he went over the middle.

Reactions: 2 people
he is special, no doubt, and glad I was able to see him in orange and white...:salute::salute:

GO VOLS!

I like John am a die hard packers fan so I can't pull against them but if they do lose to the Cowboys, I hope that Witten has a legendary performance to make it happen...the only other thing that would make it extra sweet would be for Bryant to slap Dooley into next Tuesday:dance2:

Not a Cowboys fan, but would love to see him get a ring this year. Him or Berry. That would be awesome to see a Cowboys v. Chiefs Super Bowl.

I hate the Cowboys but man I would like to see him get a ring before he retires, WITH his team (I hate when guys bounce around when they get old I like seeing them alwayes with one team). He's deserving.

I hate the Cowboys but man I would like to see him get a ring before he retires, WITH his team (I hate when guys bounce around when they get old I like seeing them alwayes with one team). He's deserving.

No. Never. Maybe the Giants can get him in free agency eventually. He'll get a ring. We've won a Super Bowl in every decade since the 80's, so it's just a matter of time.

As soon as that man acts like he is thinking of stepping away from the NFL offer him a job on the Hill

Reactions: 3 people
YEARS AGO 3 of us were attending opening game in Neyland with 2 tickets. Fortunately I bought a single ticket across the stadium and sat beside a man who was from Elizabethton. As the game started and special teams went on the field the guy asked me if I could see #1 on the field and told me in no uncertain terms "he is special." The guy was correct.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back