Sheridan left to become a RB coach at Central Michigan

Batman1948

Gonna fix all the leaks in this place
Football Scoop has him officially listed as a RB coach. I guess you can just do anything as a coach these days. I guess he was never going to land on our nine man staff.

Everything is fine in Knoxville. OC makes a lateral move. Now a GA leaves for Central Michigan.

Attachments

• eyeroll.png
    eyeroll.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,061
Reactions: 3 people
This was about Sheridan advancing his career and finding a better fit for that. The problem at UT is that we need to bring in an experienced QB coach. Sheridan lacks enough experience for our QB coach, but he doesn't want to continue to be a GA, so he found a position somewhere else. Coaching RBs could eventually help him become an OC one day, so this makes sense for him.

This really isn't much of a story. Pretty common for young coaches to move around a lot to advance their career.

Reactions: 18 people
This was about Sheridan advancing his career and finding a better fit for that. The problem at UT is that we need to bring in an experienced QB coach. Sheridan lacks enough experience for our QB coach, but he doesn't want to continue to be a GA, so he found a position somewhere else. Coaching RBs could eventually help him become an OC one day, so this makes sense for him.

This really isn't much of a story. Pretty common for young coaches to move around a lot to advance their career.

I understand all of that. Butch kept him around for over three years just so he could work with our QB's. JG's dad really liked him too. I just thought he was being groomed for the QB position here.

Last edited:
This is just a case of a young coach building his resume. They all do it. Now he can add coaching RBs to his body of experience. I give him 1-2 years, and we will see him moving again, probably as a WRs coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I understand all of that. Butch kept him around for over three years just so he could work with our QB's. JG's dad really liked him too. I just thought he was being groomed for the QB position here.

Yes CBJ did. Because Sheridan was a QB. It made sense to start there...

Last edited:
Football Scoop has him officially listed as a RB coach. I guess you can just do anything as a coach these days. I guess he was never going to land on our nine man staff.

Never hurts to diversify your coaching resume. Experience at different position groups lends to better understanding. Good move for him.

Wow, never thought I'd live to see a football coach going from Tennessee to Indiana for the same position a lateral move. Speaks as to how fall we have fallen.

The man retiring near his family. The program he moved to wasn't an upgrade, but the proximity to his family was.

It really isn't complicated people.

Reactions: 10 people
Lady Vols - Already 5 turnovers in the first quarter of the game...when is the UT coaching staff going to get off their rear end and do something. I am for firing some coaches...either get it corrected get fired now.

One of our GA's moved up to take a fulltime coaching position at a small school.

Good for him!

Nothing to see here...

Everything is fine in Knoxville. OC makes a lateral move. Now a GA leaves for Central Michigan.

RB coach is better than GA any day of the week and the OC took the lateral move to get closer to home. You think CMD gives two turds about moving up through the coaching ranks? Not sure what point you are trying make.

Last edited:
Wow, never thought I'd live to see a football coach going from Tennessee to Indiana for the same position a lateral move. Speaks as to how fall we have fallen.

If your speaking of Debord, he is 60 years old. He moved closer to his family. I'm 56 and I retired to spend more time with my family. doesn't mean the company I worked for fell off.

Reactions: 1 person

He was offensive quality control asst here. I thought he went to C.Michigan as a position coach.

It's not uncommon for position coaches to coach several different position groups early in their career. As a matter of fact, it's recommended.

VN Store

Back