Pacific Pro Football League

Perfect place for talented non qualifiers provided they're ready to learn football and the coaches are competent.

I'm all for it. I'll pay zero attention to it, continue to watch college football, and then figure out who's who on draft day. Once I find out who's who, I'll gladly watch them on Sundays.

I really like the sound of this league myself. The schools rack up millions of dollars on the back of these student athletes, while the athlete cant even make any kind of money what so ever, even off their own autograph! If this league really builds steam and takes off, this could quiet possibly be the straw that finally breaks the camels back for the greedy NCAA if they dont start padding the pockets of these student athletes!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I wonder how they will acquire their players. Will they recruit? Will they simply hold open tryouts?

It sounds really dumb. It probably won't make it to its first season. Just like the All-American Football League. The NFL really needs a D-League. They have practice squads but that is limited to 10 players. The D-league would be a perfect place to teach young players for a year or two, since NFL teams are worried about that. It would help protect some of the people that don't get drafted or don't make the team, give them an actual job and a way to to showcase their talents.

I really like the sound of this league myself. The schools rack up millions of dollars on the back of these student athletes, while the athlete cant even make any kind of money what so ever, even off their own autograph! If this league really builds steam and takes off, this could quiet possibly be the straw that finally breaks the camels back for the greedy NCAA if they dont start padding the pockets of these student athletes!

A lot of fans believe the players should be paid because of the revenue that football generates but the NCAA knows that unlike the NFL, fans watch college football for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back. When Dooley was here and the players weren't as good most of us still watched every Saturday. When Peyton left the Colts a lot of Colts fans became Broncos fans.

Reactions: 9 people
If this is successful it will be the end of quality college football. All of the 5* and high 4* players will go to these type of leagues. Even if CFB matches pay. Alot of players would rather just focus on training and football rather than school.

I wonder how they will acquire their players. Will they recruit? Will they simply hold open tryouts?

If you read the article, it seems they are still hashing that out. But I am sure there are some guys that get dismissed due to disciplinary issues and academics that chose to go this route. I dare say it cuts into the number of guys who might go to JUCO if it catches on..

I hope it doesn't work out. I wouldn't mind if the NFL had a developmental league in the Spring but would only want players eligible after three years just like current system.

The problem I see is that most college athletes don't go pro. These kids all thing they can though. So now instead of getting an education they're gonna just basically practice in hopes of making it?

Then there's the level of competition. If they don't get enough of the talent, how good are the good players really?

Reactions: 2 people
Here's the thing though. $50k isn't enough especially on the left coast. The get nearly that in college.

Here's the thing though. $50k isn't enough especially on the left coast. The get nearly that in college.

Yep and just wait until they have to hire accountants to figure out there taxes. These guys have to pay taxes in every state they play in, 50k not going to get it. These people really dont know what they are getting into.

You visited a bursar's office lately?

Doubt this ever gets off the drawing board. Football teams are very expensive to finance. People are fans of institutions both collage and pro. Fans aren't going to flock to this. No way it will be sustainable.

I also think most parents will prefer their kid work toward a degree. Doing that on a football scholarship is much better than student loans because you burned your amateur status then didn't get drafted.

Additionally, I didn't see any mention of health insurance, which is free for college athletes. Then you have to think about facilities, coaches, and support staff who are likely to be sub par compared to university resources. I honestly don't see it having an impact on NCAA football. It might kill the JUCO game though.

Additionally, I didn't see any mention of health insurance, which is free for college athletes. Then you have to think about facilities, coaches, and support staff who are likely to be sub par compared to university resources. I honestly don't see it having an impact on NCAA football. It might kill the JUCO game though.

Yep might give folks like Money Manziel a place to play.

VN Store

Back