Realistically: Can We Win 9 Games This Year With A New QB?

Coug

We are starting a new QB and implementing new starters, so can we realistically even make it to 9 wins?

How much of a production drop do you guys expect if at all with a new QB?

We are starting a new QB and implementing new starters, so can we realistically even make it to 9 wins?

Many other programs in the SEC and teams all over the country start a new QB every year and still win 9+ games, with much less talent than we have.

Reactions: 10 people
I think we will be lucky to win 7 next year. I hope I'm wrong, but there will be too many new players at key positions.

I always get blasted for it but thinking this team will be better than this past season is unrealistic.

A new OC and a new QB doesn't equal success for Tennessee in 17.

Just look at this past season with new QB.

Reactions: 1 person
NO! It's never been done before. How can we expect Butch & Co. to overcome such odds?

Reactions: 2 people
I always get blasted for it but thinking this team will be better than this past season is unrealistic.

A new OC and a new QB doesn't equal success for Tennessee in 17.

Just look at this past season with new QB.

An entirely new backfield and not a lot of experienced or proven targets in the passing game. I see 11 wins in the regular season and an SEC Title next year.

Reactions: 5 people
Realistically- anything is possible
Likely - no

Sadly, i think we are about to find out just how good Josh Dobbs was and it will not be pretty. We are losing 3 guys with first round talent level, several guys with nfl roster talent level and somehow we havent developed enough depth to expect to be competative with SEC bottom feeders. I expect next year to be ugly. CBJ has earned another year, but i doubt he earns another after bext season. But i could be wrong and we might make the Belk bowl or something.

Realistically- anything is possible
Likely - no

Sadly, i think we are about to find out just how good Josh Dobbs was and it will not be pretty. We are losing 3 guys with first round talent level, several guys with nfl roster talent level and somehow we havent developed enough depth to expect to be competative with SEC bottom feeders. I expect next year to be ugly. CBJ has earned another year, but i doubt he earns another after bext season. But i could be wrong and we might make the Belk bowl or something.

He will need help to get to 7-5.
6-6 is my pick

Nope. Not a chance. I see 7 wins as being our ceiling next year.

If you don't put it all on him then yeah they can. I wish Malone had stayed another year. Maybe Preston Williams should have stuck it out. He'd get the touches he wanted now.

VN Store

Back