This Is How We Do It At Tennessee!

93TNVol

It Wasnā€™t Me
Andy Kelly passes the torch to Heath Shuler in a dominate performance against Candy. Kelly leaves the field to gracious cheers from 100k fans in Neyland. Shuler takes over the offense and promptly adds more points to the scoreboard via a pass to wide open Craig Faulkner. Truly a perfect example of it is supposed to be done by all involved.

It doesn't always work out this perfectly, but I'm a firm believer in the saying that a bad day at Tennessee is still better than ANY day at Bammer, Candy, Georgia, etc.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXc4daqd1Rs[/youtube]

NB4 "Somebody send this to Butch!" 😀

GBO!!!

Reactions: 17 people
I was 11. Great game. That's how I remember Vandy games. Plus, you see how much Nigel Warrior looks like his dad? Crazy.

Reactions: 2 people
The only issue I have with this thread is how it reminds me of my age, other than that, those were some good days.

Thanks for posting!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
One might recall Daryl Dickey, career backup to Alan Cockrell and Tony Robinson. TR was injured in the 1985 Bama game. Dickey had to come off the bench and hung on for a Vols victory. Dickey went on to start the remaining games on the schedule and led Tennessee to become SEC champions. Dickey played his final game in a Volunteers uniform on Jan. 1, 1986, leading the Vols to a convincing 35-7 victory over then #2 Miami. He was declared the Sugar Bowl MVP. Storybook.

Reactions: 6 people
One might recall Daryl Dickey, career backup to Alan Cockrell and Tony Robinson. TR was injured in the 1985 Bama game. Dickey had to come off the bench and hung on for a Vols victory. Dickey went on to start the remaining games on the schedule and led Tennessee to become SEC champions. Dickey played his final game in a Volunteers uniform on Jan. 1, 1986, leading the Vols to a convincing 35-7 victory over then #2 Miami. He was declared the Sugar Bowl MVP. Storybook.

Dickey did a great job. Georgia Tech was a bad hangover game the week after Bama.

Reactions: 1 person

Crushed Miami! There were/are guys that hold that TN team up as one of the best. Some have even said that team could have beaten a few Pro teams back in the day.

:rock:

I was 11. Great game. That's how I remember Vandy games. Plus, you see how much Nigel Warrior looks like his dad? Crazy.

I get a laugh seeing how young the coaches looked in these old clips. I thought Johnny Majors was an old fart back in the day. NOW he really is an old fart! Not sure if it was in the clip above, but there was a good shot of Chavis in one and wow did he look young.

I remember playing a pick up bball game in Stokely against Shular and Faulkner. It wasn't pretty.

can't tell you how many people I've met here in florida who are vol fans now because of that sugar bowl.

That was the day Vandy started a fight before the game. Majors callled a fake FG up 31-0 and Shazzon Bradley caught the pass for a TD.....good times

That was the day Vandy started a fight before the game. Majors callled a fake FG up 31-0 and Shazzon Bradley caught the pass for a TD.....good times

I will never forget Gerry DiNardo positioning his players during warm ups to block our players from leaving the field. This was the Vandy coach that would not call us...."Tennessee" and instead referred to us as... "The School to the East"....:) The whole thing backfired on him as the crowd drew into a frenzy after the altercations. No CHANCE for any kind of let down by the VOLS after that BS!! The crowd was LOUD from start to finish! Maybe the loudest Vandy game I have ever heard! Shazzon Bradley's TD catch was "icing" on the cake!! :dance2:

Reactions: 2 people
I was in N'awlins for the 1986 Sugar Bowl. We were legion. Two thirds of the Super Dome was orange & white. The city loved us. The Volunteers put on a football clinic. After yielding the initial score to Miami (a rushing TD), they sacked Testaverde 6 times, intercepted him 6 times, and outscored them 35 to 0. It was glorious!

VN Store

Back