1867 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
coffeevol
regular old member

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports

Over the last few weeks, Iíve really thought about my time at the University of Tennessee and the people who have had the biggest impact on me. Playing at a prestigious, SEC program and then having the opportunity to declare for the NFL Draft after three years is a dream come true.

I'd like to thank my teammates. The relationships Iíve built with them will last a lifetime. I'm very grateful to have been able to grow over these last few years with my brothers.

Thank you to the football staff and specifically Coach Stripling, who dedicated a lot of time to the D-line room, helping us get better on the field and also being better men off the field. Thank you to Coach Ollie for helping me improve daily in my film study and for being critical of me. And thank you to Coach Jones for giving me the opportunity to play at a great university and represent my home state.

Thank you to all of the training staff and the equipment managers who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure my teammates and I were prepared to go to work every day.

Thank you to the University of Tennessee for the opportunity to be a student-athlete at a great institution. Thank you to all of my professors and the Thornton Center staff for helping me balance all that goes into becoming a successful student-athlete.

Iíd also like to thank Vol Nation Ė the best fans in the country Ė who have supported me from Day One.

Thank you to my family and close friends for being supportive of me and helping everything fall into place.

And thank you to my mother, Ms. Christine. Thank you for your hard work. I've seen how hard youíve worked since I was a kid. I have always been inspired by that and that's where I get my motivation from. Thank you for your everlasting love and support.

Foregoing my senior year was a hard decision but it has always been my dream to play in the NFL.

As I enter the next journey of my life, itís most important to me that you know, all Iíve ever wanted to do was represent the Tennessee Football program and my home state of Tennessee well.

Thank you for the great times and many memories - and God Bless,

- Derek Barnett
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
DEFENDTHISHOUSE

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Such a special young man. Go tear up the NFL #9
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
Titan05

One of the best.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
280vol

All i can say is WOW, we need more like Derek....................
VN Likes: 13
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
SDV

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
This is the perfect example of home grown VFL
VN Likes: 7
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #6
dillyo51

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Every Vol fan should be thanking you, you have represented yourself and UT extremely well. Wishing you great success in every endeavor.
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
VOLfrombama

I can't wait to watch him tear a few NFL Qb's a new one. Hopefully he starts with Brady.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
VOL 4 Life 83

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Will be better than Myles Garrett
VN Likes: 12
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #9
volunator

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Thank you for giving your all, now go set the NFL on fire. Best of luck.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #10
Iam4utalways

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
Class act all the way.

Good luck in the NFL.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #11
livefaith

Jalen, are you paying attention? You might learn something here.

#9, what a jewel.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #12
TennesseeTarheel

Derek set a mighty high bar. Good luck in the NFL! You'll be very successful, I am sure.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #13
DEFENDTHISHOUSE

We're losing greatness. Reggie White's sack record stood for 33 years at UT. Just think of all the names that came through here and didn't break it. Derek Barnett did it in 3 years.

I hope the NFL is ready for him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #14
Titan&Volfan4life

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
He left home as a kid fresh out of high school and came to Tennessee.

He leaves K town as a very fine young man and a credit to all the people in our footVol program that helped him become a solid man as well as a great player.

Our beloved Minister of the D has his eyes on you DB, make him and all of us very proud as you continue to become an even greater man.

You'll be missed but never forgotten as 1 of our best VFLs.

VFL...GBO!!!
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #15
TNnative
Distributor of Sarcasm

Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports Barnett's Good bye to Volnation @ Utsports
I just hope the NFL refs know how to throw their flags on blatant holds.

I can hear Goodell saying it: "With the first pick of the 2017 draft, the Cleveland Browns select Derek Barnett, Defensive End, University of Tennessee."
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP