Dabo vs Butch

Volteacher

Just to compare. Not meant to be bashing or supporting just looking at stats ONLY......

Dabo conference record first 4 years..... 19-10
Butch...... 14-18

Overall record Dabo...... 29-19 Bowl record 1-3
Butch....... 30-21........ Bowl record 3-0

Dabo one conference and one division title
Butch None

Recruiting
Dabo..... 31, 28, 10, 15 ( first 4 full years)
Butch..... 24, 7, 4, 14

Butch champions of life
Dabo champions of life, love and football

Food for thought

Reactions: 3 people
LBJ was 31-21 in his first 4 years of coaching.

23-8 in conference play.

0-2 in bowl games.

Just to compare. Not meant to be bashing or supporting just looking at stats ONLY......

Dabo conference record first 4 years..... 19-10
Butch...... 14-18

Overall record Dabo...... 29-19 Bowl record 1-3
Butch....... 30-21........ Bowl record 3-0

Dabo one conference and one division title
Butch None

Recruiting
Dabo..... 31, 28, 10, 15 ( first 4 full years)
Butch..... 24, 7, 4, 14

Butch champions of life
Dabo champions of life, love and football

Food for thought

There is no comparison and no way Butch's story ends the same way Dabo's has. The end.

Reactions: 27 people
There is no comparison and no way Butch's story ends the same way Dabo's has. The end.

iu

Reactions: 24 people
According to Dabo, God has only been helping Clemson this whole time. He's obviously against Butch and doesn't care about the rest of the schools so I guess we're screwed either way.

Reactions: 5 people
We should be more concerned about Muschamp vs Butch

Dabo began by successfully recruiting out of state 5 star talents like Spiller, Watkins, Ford, Sapp, Bowers, Hopkins, Beasley, Steward, Anthony, Lawson, Adams, Kearse, Watson, Lawrence, Bryant, etc etc. Dude was/is a recruiting monster and his staff rarely misses on these targets. Secondly he hired amazing coordinaters after his first three years that took it over the top. After WVU destroyed them in the Orange bowl by scoring what, 70? (Oops WVU just scored again) he fired Steele (Auburn DC now) and hired Venebles from OK (check Clem D since then), he did the same with his OC after third season when he hired Chad Morris (implemented their current offense),

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Dabo began by successfully recruiting out of state 5 star talents like Spiller, Watkins, Ford, Sapp, Bowers, Hopkins, Beasley, Steward, Anthony, Lawson, Adams, Kearse, Watson, Lawrence, Bryant, etc etc. Dude was/is a recruiting monster and his staff rarely misses on these targets. Secondly he hired amazing coordinaters after his first three years that took it over the top.

I'm not sure how you can argue recruiting when Butch's numbers thus far have been better.

I think the argument here is capability to coach them up. For someone that wanted to dive in (I might tomorrow) I would be interested in comparing their talent ranking to their performance and doing the same with ours and look at the rate of under/over achievement.

Reactions: 2 people
Good thing coaches coach and players play. Also, Butch > Spurrier.

Yeah, Butch is better than an outdated Spurrier. Awesome.

Now let's focus on actual coaches that still coach.

Or let's spend time talking about Butch vs. Dooley.

Butch vs. just about anyone shoes Butch for what he really is: mid level.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Yeah, Butch is better than an outdated Spurrier. Awesome.

Now let's focus on actual coaches that still coach.

Or let's spend time talking about Butch vs. Dooley.

Butch vs. just about anyone shoes Butch for what he really is: mid level.
Butch only lost 1 game to Muschamp where he had more talent. And Butch vs Dooley is laughable.. the talent level on those teams wasn't even close to comparable. You sound like one of those guys that argues that because TN > VA tech > Pitt > Clem we should have been in the NC.

You have to give CBJ 5 more seasons to find out. At the end of their fourth season interestingly enough both were 9-4. Dabo was regular season 9-3 in 2011, lost his bowl = 9-4. CBJ 2016 regular season 8-4. won his bowl = 9-4.

Dabo arrived at Clemson in 2007 and his first team hit the field in 2008. He makes a big thing about Clemson hanging with him ten years.

People really need to think about canning a 9-4 coach for another guy no better when the first guy given time could bring in a NC. I'm not sure CBJ can. I'm for unconvinced he can't either at this point. Where's all my "he can't beat Florida" VN cats at? Dabo couldn't get by FSU until very recently.

Reactions: 3 people
You have to give CBJ 5 more seasons to find out. At the end of their fourth season interestingly enough both were 9-4. Dabo was regular season 9-3 in 2011, lost his bowl = 9-4. CBJ 2016 regular season 8-4. won his bowl = 9-4.

Dabo arrived at Clemson in 2007 and his first team hit the field in 2008. He makes a big thing about Clemson hanging with him ten years.

People really need to think about canning a 9-4 coach for another guy no better when the first guy given time could bring in a NC. I'm not sure CBJ can. I'm for unconvinced he can't either at this point. Where's all my "he can't beat Florida" VN cats at? Dabo couldn't get by FSU until very recently.
Shh, don't use logic Remy.. you'll confuse them.

VN Store

Back