3331 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on JG during bowl practice Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #61
beneVOLence
Come get some.

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Yeah, but can he run?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #62
Volinnooga

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by millst987 View Post
I've said multiple times I have talked to guy in THE KNOW. He watches all UT practices. JG might be the best qb we have had in 15-20 years.
But then again, he might not be.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #63
IluvdoubleD's

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
I'm hearing a lot about how good a passer this kid is and tha makes me excited because he will eventually take over, it's just a matter of when. Obviously we are goign to be a better passing team next year. Dormady will come out the gates and get his earned opportunity. he knows the playbook better, has more play time, and at this time is a better passer. We will see where it takes us from there.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #64
savannahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeTrain View Post
Good. Because we havent had a truly great QB in about 20 years.
Until Dobbs....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #65
savannahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsnRavens View Post
I agree. After watching Kelly run, I'll say this, and being a Raven's fan, I'm no fan of Pittsburgh, but after watching the Music City bowl a couple of times, one thing stands out. Kelly reminds me of Le'veon Bell in the way he is very patient. He pauses for a moment behind the line to let something open and then explodes forward. If we have a good run game next year, it really could give JG the extra time he needs to become a great QB, instead of running for his life. Also, with Jashon Robertson coming back. We should have a better Oline, though after watching them most of the year, we still need some definite improvement. Just my
The real difference here is, Bell waits for opening... IF Kelly waits behind our Oline...... Not much good is going to happen.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #66
VolunteerHillbilly
Spike Drinks, Not Trees

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
If JG is such a great passer, why are we not lighting it up on WR recruiting? Everyone knows that Hurts can't throw and Bama has two guys rated ahead of Murphy. It just doesn't add up.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #67
VolFan4Life87
Negatron

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeTrain View Post
Because of the unreal expectations I believe some are going to heap upon him. I mean the guy hasnt even won the starting job and some are already talking about how great he is. I am happy he is here and hope he is all that wnda bag of chips.

But to some, if he does win the job, his first mistakes are going to draw severe ire. People will say he is overrated, not that great and the better QB is on the bench.
Goes with the territory - he was #1 per 247, #3 per Rivals DT QB in the country. He would get this much hype and expectation anywhere he went.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #68
Smokey'sHandler

JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolunteerHillbilly View Post
If JG is such a great passer, why are we not lighting it up on WR recruiting? Everyone knows that Hurts can't throw and Bama has two guys rated ahead of Murphy. It just doesn't add up.
There's an obvious difference: Hurts played so people are able to see him in live game action, whether it was good or bad people got to see him. The hype around JG is coming purely from practice observations and speculation, he hasn't played in a game so no one has gotten the chance to see him.

If JG does ball out look for him to have a Deshaun Watson effect here. Kids will commit for the product he puts on the field even though they may not be able to play with him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #69
sechamp2012

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by photovol View Post
If I've heard these stories once I've heard them a thousand times of how this incredible frosh QB that has never taken a snap in college is going to change the world

That's not saying it never happen however
All the Freshman QB's that have started at UT. Have never ever had this much hype, if he don't deliver these Chat/twitter boards can be pretty brutal.
Alan Cockrell
Peyton Manning
Casey Clausen
James Banks
Brent Schaffer
Eris Ainge
Tyler Bray
Justin Worely
Josh Dobbs
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #70
OakRidgeVol

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Looks talented, but badly needs a real QB coach. He has a lot of technique work to do if he wants to be a quality passer. His body is tight, his release is high, poor follow through, etc. Same problems Dobbs and a lot of college passers have and it's not their fault. College teams won't invest in quality QB coaching and won't allocate the time for them to develop as passers.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:55 PM   #71
Brave Volunteer

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechamp2012 View Post
All the Freshman QB's that have started at UT. Have never ever had this much hype, if he don't deliver these Chat/twitter boards can be pretty brutal.
Alan Cockrell
Peyton Manning
Casey Clausen
James Banks
Brent Schaffer
Eris Ainge
Tyler Bray
Justin Worely
Josh Dobbs
Peyton had a TON of hype coming in and that was before the social media/internet age. In my time I still say he was the most hyped QB coming in.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #72
Tin Man

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmaster_Vol View Post
He has a cannon for an arm. Straight rocket
Do you love Bill Dance?

[Hint: It's a rhetorical question.]
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #73
Tin Man

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTVFL89 View Post
Look at how skinny Johnny Manziel (sp)? was his career at A&M.

THWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

It's bad form to reference JM.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #74
sechamp2012

JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Volunteer View Post
Peyton had a TON of hype coming in and that was before the social media/internet age. In my time I still say he was the most hyped QB coming in.
Peyton came before every Tom dick mary or Harry etc.. could tweet and hype on multiple media's.
Even then it was about 50 / 50 on him or Stewart starting and Fulmer started 5th year Sr. Colquett (SIC).
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #75
93TNVol
Guilty By Association

JG during bowl practice
JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice JG during bowl practice
Quote:
Originally Posted by millst987 View Post
Coming from a guy named armchair lol
I love VN. You can't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote TOP