Copper Cellar Family endorses Blackburn

This is what we need. Now we need Peyton and Fulmer to release a statement

No kidding. Put some public heat on these bureaucrats. Peyton in particular could move this the needle if he came out and made a public endorsement and urged the administration to hire Blackburn. I know it would be impolitic, but it would put lots of pressure on the people holding this up.

Reactions: 9 people
No kidding. Put some public heat on these bureaucrats. Peyton in particular could move this the needle if he came out and made a public endorsement and urged the administration to hire Blackburn. I know it would be impolitic, but it would put lots of pressure on the people holding this up.

If Peyton publicly endorsed a certain candidate* it would be hard for the admin to ignore IMO.

*I don't think Peyton would do that type of thing.

Nothing wrong with the UT community showing support for Blackburn, if it bothers some so be it. I am sure most will give whomever gets it a chance to succeed, but Tennessee fans know a winner when they see one. I see nobody that is a better fit, not only does he have a good grasp of Tennessee he has also proved that he is ready to be a AD at a big time program. Hopefully the BOT will be able to see the forest despite the trees. It's what the vast majority of people want so if it fails it's not like there is going to be a big backlash. And for another it will not fail, but bring in someone else that most have never heard of or someone that hasn't done much and he falls squarely on the Chancellor and the BOT. I still have hope that they will get this right. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Peyton is pretty much done on his pressuring abilities.. That title IX lawsuit took alot of influence away. He had to use alot of it up to get his name out of things.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm rooting for Blackburn but I don't know crap about crap. Pretty sure I'm not alone on that. For all I know, he has a checkered past and the people hiring the AD know about it There has to be a reason this isn't a done deal already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Peyton is pretty much done on his pressuring abilities.. That title IX lawsuit took alot of influence away. He had to use alot of it up to get his name out of things.

To get his name out of a slam piece by some douche canoe in Nashville? I don't think so. Peyton has plenty of influence: he was at the Bama game to be honored this season.

With that said, I don't see Peyton as being the type to do things so publicly; I'm sure he has voiced his opinion internally within the department.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm rooting for Blackburn but I don't know crap about crap. Pretty sure I'm not alone on that. For all I know, he has a checkered past and the people hiring the AD know about it There has to be a reason this isn't a done deal already.

know anything about power...know anything about struggles...put those two together...:)

GO VOLS!

It's because Beverly "DeAngelo" Davenport wants to make it look like she's running this show and nobody's going to tell her who she's hiring. She wants to appear to be doing her "due diligence" before the big money boosters tell her exactly who she's hiring.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Blackburn hates all of your faces

If he doesn't now, he will when/if he gets the ad job. Vol fans love to eat their own. It's disgraceful really.

As sad as I am about losing Pat Summit to a dreaded disease, at least she didn't have to suffer the disrespect of being poopoo'd by some of these mouth breather fans.

Reactions: 8 people
For a state that is home to Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, Shoney's/Captain D's, and others, I question whether CC/Calhouns is the "most recognizable family restaurant". Whatever.

Reactions: 3 people
It's because Beverly "DeAngelo" Davenport wants to make it look like she's running this show and nobody's going to tell her who she's hiring. She wants to appear to be doing her "due diligence" before the big money boosters tell her exactly who she's hiring.

Or:

"It's because Beverly Davenport is running this show and nobody's going to tell her who she's hiring. She must do her due diligence."

-- 'cause that's her job, and all. :zeitung_lesen:

VN Store

Back