Rock is Official

This is probably the greatest hire that buTch has done so far.

Rock played as a O lineman so he can teach how to play the O line positions as well as any line coach can.

I just hope we'll pay the man enough $$$ to keep him on the hill when NFL teams come calling for him because it's just a matter of time until they call.

Having the Rock here should also help with our recruiting to any smart prospect that really wants to get to the NFL.

WELCOME Rock!!!

Happy to have you in our Big Orange family.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 7 people
Great hire. We'll be a bigger, stronger, faster, and more physical team next season.

Take nothing for granted. That's the hope, but frankly, I'll settle for healthy....especially with a group of cut blocking fiends to open the season with.

Reactions: 5 people
This is probably the greatest hire that buTch has done so far.

Rock played as a O lineman so he can teach how to play the O line positions as well as any line coach can.

I just hope we'll pay the man enough $$$ to keep him on the hill when NFL teams come calling for him because it's just a matter of time until they call.

Having the Rock here should also help with our recruiting to any smart prospect that really wants to get to the NFL.

WELCOME Rock!!!

Happy to have you in our Big Orange family.

VFL...GBO!!!

I don’t believe he will be own the practice field coaching anyone. His coaching is in the weight room. He will be able to talk to the players year, but he can not be a position coach also.

I don’t believe he will be own the practice field coaching anyone. His coaching is in the weight room. He will be able to talk to the players year, but he can not be a position coach also.

He is going to be too busy for on the field coaching. He is officially the strength coach (director of strength and conditioning) for all 20 UT teams.

Reactions: 1 person
He is going to be too busy for on the field coaching. He is officially the strength coach (director of strength and conditioning) for all 20 UT teams.

Thats how Butch likely got him to move - elevated title as Director for whole school (likely to justify bigger pay as well).

Reactions: 4 people
He's going to be overseeing all sports. How much will be spent focusing on football?

I would imagine he would spend the bulk of his personal time on the football program, delegating to other sports as he sees fit. That is what his career and legacy will be judged on, in my opinion.

I'm sure that the footVol program will be his top priority since footVol brings in the most $$$ by far.

I'd also bet that he's allowed to hire some assistants since he's overseeing all 20 sports at UT.

nick saTan has said many times that his S&C coach is his most important coach and that's because the S&C coach spends much more time with the players than any other coach does or is allowed to do.

Rock was a All American O lineman at the level he played at so the spirit to compete to get better and Win is solidly ingrained in him.

He loves to teach and help people get better, that's what he lives to do.

He won't spend all his time in the weight room because those workouts are done according to a specific schedule.

In the Summer when our Team Captains and Leadership council have the Team out practicing the Rock will be watching and if he talks to players to offer some friendly advice to help them get better nobody is going to complain.

During regular footVol practice if the Rock sees something and helps the player learn more and faster not 1 coach will gripe about it.

That's why nick saTan says his S&C coach is his most important coach on his staff and it's probably why the alaBubba S&C coach is 1 of the highest paid S&C coaches in the country.

Our new Rock will be teaching lots more than just how to lift weights properly and he'll push our guys hard too.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back