Espn way too early

No surprise. Vols not even mentioned in SEC conversation. Vols no longer the Champions of preseason hype.

Reactions: 5 people
Coaching staff just barely edged out a top 25 finish with the talent we had this year. It will be worse talent next year (less developed???). Not surprised really.

It's probably better that way. I can't remember the last time Tennessee lived up to the hype. I prefer when no one talks about Tennessee until mid to late season.

Reactions: 11 people
Lol, also USF? :dunno:

Their division stinks, and Taggart left them in good shape so they should win a lot of games. They might be the second best team in the conference. But if there's one team from the American that should be ranked it's probably Memphis

Reactions: 1 person
I laughed at this whole list.

I mean why is Penn State ranked over Clemson?

Key losses: QB Deshaun Watson, WR Mike Williams, WR Artavis Scott, C Jay Guillermo, TE Jordan Leggett, RB Wayne Gallman, DT Carlos Watkins, LB Ben Boulware, SS Jadar Johnson, CB Cordrea Tankersley

Coaching staff just barely edged out a top 25 finish with the talent we had this year. It will be worse talent next year (less developed???). Not surprised really.

That is a true statement but when you factor in that we lost 3 of our top 5 players for most of the season and only had 2 people on offense and 2 people on defense that were able to start every game... We were actually not playing with our top talent. We were playing with at least half of our starters on both sides of the football being our 2nd and 3rd string.
I do feel like if had at least the majority of our first team'rs healthy most of the season and especially against SC and Vandy that we would have finished 10-2 instead of 8-4. That would have felt a lot better, but that didn't happen. We ended up 8-4.

Would much rather be understated and wow the pundits than be preseason top 10 and face the embarrassment and ridicule as we did this year.

That being said, this program must be an annual, legitimate top 10 preseason pick. Until then, VN will never be satisfied. We absolutely must get back to prominence and the perennial SEC East favorite.

Reactions: 2 people
Key losses: QB Deshaun Watson, WR Mike Williams, WR Artavis Scott, C Jay Guillermo, TE Jordan Leggett, RB Wayne Gallman, DT Carlos Watkins, LB Ben Boulware, SS Jadar Johnson, CB Cordrea Tankersley

Clemson is about to get a reality check. They SURVIVED with all that healthy talent....

Auburn 19-13
Troy 30-24
Louisville 42-36
NC State 24-17 (OT)
Florida State 37-34
Pitt 43-42
Va. Tech 42-35

That is how close a team with all that talent they are now going to lose was to close to 7 losses.

Bullseye just got even bigger on Clemson.

That's a lot of keys

tumblr_n645muS38v1rm4mpho1_500.png

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back