Search firm led by Former Vandy AD to hire next UT AD

Apparently UT is UT's own worst enemy!! :banghead2:

10037-albums19-picture5776.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
He is speaking of the search firm the University is using. The owner of it is the ex Vandy AD

They do not hire the AD - they are a search firm that will filter through the candidates and submit the ones to UT that meets the criteria that UT gives to them.

We use search / consultant firms all the time - they don't hire the person.

His post is meant to stir controversy where none exists.

Reactions: 20 people
Why on God's Green Earth is a search firm needed? The obvious answer is 90 miles down I-75. This is about as dumb as hiring a consulting firm to prove the brown stuff in the toilet is, in fact, SH*T!

Reactions: 47 people
Why on God's Green Earth is a search firm needed? The obvious answer is 90 miles down I-75. This is about as dumb as hiring a consulting firm to prove the brown stuff in the toilet is, in fact, SH*T!

If they just Hire the right guy, how the hell can they spend an extra couple hundred Grand?? DURR!! :blink::blink:

Reactions: 2 people
Although Tennessee has a five-year contract in place with Parker Executive Search, sources this weekend and into today, both on the Knoxville campus and in state government in Nashville, indicated to 247Sports that UT, under new Chancellor Beverly J. Davenport, is expected to use Todd TurnerÂ’s Collegiate Sports Associates.

A former Vanderbilt administrator, among other stops, Turner helped grow the company since he left intercollegiate athletics in 2008. Among their employees includes Dave Odom, the former ACC and SEC basketball coach.

Because we have an administration that doesn't give 2 sh!ts about the well being of athletics at UT.

Reactions: 9 people
Using a search firm can also be a CYA move by the new boss, who wants to be able say, "See, we left no rock unturned." We are a state institution and have hiring policies to ensure all could apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
turner was the AD at Vandy who hired kevin Stallings. Turner and Stallings were very close friends. in fact they both have sons the same age as my youngest son and he often played basketball and baseball vs teams coached by Turner and Stallings while he was growing up. I tell you this cause Pitt hired Turner last spring to find a basketball coach. At the same time, Stallings was being forced out at Vandy. Guess who Pitt hired? Yep.

These colleges don't pay thousands to a search firm only to decline who the search firm brings to them....get a clue people.

Reactions: 4 people
They do not hire the AD - they are a search firm that will filter through the candidates and submit the ones to UT that meets the criteria that UT gives to them.

We use search / consultant firms all the time - they don't hire the person.

His post is meant to stir controversy where none exists.

Oh I know that I was just explaining it to the poster who seemed a little out of the loop.

Using a search firm can also be a CYA move by the new boss, who wants to be able say, "See, we left no rock unturned." We are a state institution and have hiring policies to ensure all could apply.

Edzachary.... Relax everybody.

These colleges don't pay thousands to a search firm only to decline who the search firm brings to them....get a clue people.

A search firm should bring more than one candidate to the table - if not there is no need to engage a search team.

You are clueless if you think said search team will present one and only one candidate to UT for consideration. And you are clueless to think that UT must take one of said candidates if the fit is not right.

They are just a search firm - they don't hire.

And what is even more silly is to imply that a former Vandy contact would sabotage a hire to any university.

That is like saying a University of Alabama alumni should make sure that the team he is currently with loses to Alabama just because that is where he is from.

A search firm should bring more than one candidate to the table - if not there is no need to engage a search team.

You are clueless if you think said search team will present one and only one candidate to UT for consideration. And you are clueless to think that UT must take one of said candidates if the fit is not right.

They are just a search firm - they don't hire.

Based on several of your posts, I think you are a bit naive or have an agenda of your own..

And what is even more silly is to imply that a former Vandy contact would sabotage a hire to any university.

That is like saying a University of Alabama alumni should make sure that the team he is currently with loses to Alabama just because that is where he is from.

You just described Hart. I knew it ......

Nope - just replying to a thread that was meant to stir controversy by choosing certain words.

You may be right about the OP but my opinion is based on a number of your posts in different threads.

VN Store

Back