Jarrett Guarantano Eager to Compete for Tennessee's QB Job

Enki_Amenra

Wanna Bet?
Dad says Jarrett Guarantano eager to compete for Tennessee's QB job

“I think Jarrett can play in any scheme that there is. He is just super talented throwing the football and running the football. It doesn’t matter, Jarrett can fit and run whatever they decide,” James Guarantano said. “Jarrett doesn’t have any concerns about what type of offense they run. He’s fully confident and fully capable with his talent and abilities.”

. . . “If we have the opportunity to get Rock, I think it’s going to be a great hire,” said James Guarantano, a member of the Rutgers Hall of Fame who set a school record for receptions in a career. “Everything that I remember about him at that point in time was that he commanded respect. Once you walked into his weight room, you knew you had to have the effort and show up with the same attitude on the football field. I told my son he better be ready to tighten up his belt and pull his bootstraps up. Rock’s a blue-collar guy and really, really talented at his craft.”

. . . “Even though he’s a Northern boy, he really understands what football means down South. This kid is a student of the game and know everything about every aspect of it,” James Guarantano said. “He grew up in the North, but spent so much time down South with family. I promise you he doesn’t go to bed every night without thinking of winning an SEC championship.”

636187074145945400-musiccitybowl017.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 38 people
I'm ready to see what this kid brings...hope it's worth the hype!

Reactions: 4 people
JG is definitely the perfect type of QB for Butch's offense. A legitimate dual threat QB that's accurate but can run. Let's hope he lives up to the hype if he starts next year

Reactions: 7 people
well, just give him a chance, along with QD, to battle it out...should be fun to see how it works out...may the best man win...:yahoo:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 8 people
Dad is proud, and has right to be. Seems like a class family. We are blessed to have 2-3 seemingly top shelf qbs, which is BIG change from past. My guy says we need the ultra mobile qb to really make our O rock, and if JG is upgrade in passing over Dobbs, he's probably the guy...though IF Dormandy elite passer, he will be good option too. My biggest worry next year is CB, and second level depth across the board on D.

Reactions: 9 people
Dad was a great player at Rutgers. Butch apparently GA there at same time. Very exciting player and having redshirt year behind Dobbs is a real bonus. Will enjoy seeing Guarantano at Orange & White game.

Reactions: 4 people
Dad was a great player at Rutgers. Butch apparently GA there at same time. Very exciting player and having redshirt year behind Dobbs is a real bonus. Will enjoy seeing Guarantano at Orange & White game.

Any word on when the O&W will be? I need to turn in some PTO.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back