Georgia Tech with a message to Tennessee....

KBVol

Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson....

“We’re 3-0 in the SEC East and have Tennessee next.” - @GTPaulJohnson

Awfully bold Coach Johnson. Thanks for the bulletin board material.

Reactions: 26 people
images

Reactions: 16 people
He knows he's catching us in a rebuilding year. Not sure what they're bringing back, but the beauty of that system is that they can succeed with lesser talent. Will be a tough, tough opener.

Reactions: 12 people
Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson....

“We’re 3-0 in the SEC East and have Tennessee next.” - @GTPaulJohnson

Awfully bold Coach Johnson. Thanks for the bulletin board material.

Was that an actual quote from Coach Johnson or a tweet sent out by GT twitter account?

I like our chances against that high school offense with 8 months to prepare.

Boy for a high school offense, a bunch of teams have a hard time stopping it. I mean do you have any clue how many yards GT would have run for against us this year?

Also, unless our defense VASTLY improves, they will redefine the term "swiss cheese defense" against us next year.

Reactions: 11 people
How quickly we forget the 2016 season opener against App State. Without staff changes, even 8 months to prepare, probably will not be enough.

Love the optimism over a middle of road ACC team. Why do some people even bother following UT football. May be tough but we will handle them.

Reactions: 16 people
How quickly we forget the 2016 season opener against App State. Without staff changes, even 8 months to prepare, probably will not be enough.

That's a fair point. Probably a bit optimistic on my part. I'm just hoping Shoop is the defensive mind we believe he is and a second year in his system greatly benefits these players.

I was also assuming we get a new secondary coach.

He knows he's catching us in a rebuilding year. Not sure what they're bringing back, but the beauty of that system is that they can succeed with lesser talent. Will be a tough, tough opener.

It would be tough tough if CBJ had a healthy team 120

Reactions: 1 person
Love the optimism over a middle of road ACC team. Why do some people even bother following UT football. May be tough but we will handle them.

We're losing about 70 percent of our offensive production this year to graduation and the NFL, but that's not something to be concerned about right? We have proven Dobbs and Kamara replacements just waiting on the bench right?

Defense, on the other hand well, you might be correct there, I don't know how it gets any worse unless we keep Willie Martinez.

Reactions: 2 people
Boy for a high school offense, a bunch of teams have a hard time stopping it. I mean do you have any clue how many yards GT would have run for against us this year?

Also, unless our defense VASTLY improves, they will redefine the term "swiss cheese defense" against us next year.

With a healthy D line and a second year in Shoop's system, I think (hope) our D is much improved. If he's the guy we think he is, we should be.

We'll see and time will tell. I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: 1 person

Or, perhaps, the roles reverse in contrast to the app state game. Except this time, it's a much more talented team playing lights out.

VN Store

Back