The Official Tennessee vs. Nebraska Game Thread, 3:30 pm ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Franklin American Mortgage Company Music City Bowl

#21 Tennessee Volunteers: 8-4 (4-4 SEC)

636157909160284017-vandy-ut085.jpg

vs.

#24/21 Nebraska Cornhuskers: 9-3 (6-3 Big 10)

Iowa%20vs%20Nebraska.jpg

DEC. 30, 2016 » NISSAN STADIUM (69,143) » NASHVILLE » 3:30 P.M. » ESPN

Weather: 44 degrees / Precip: 0%
Line: UT - 7
O/U: 57

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. -- // XM Ch. --
Online: WatchESPN.com

12299177.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I know the info is from the UT Website but there is not 82% chance of preceip. -- the NOAA site shows sunny all day

All-time: Nebraska 2-0

Last Meeting: Nebraska 31-21, 1/2/2000

I know the info is from the UT Website but there is not 82% chance of preceip. -- the NOAA site shows sunny all day

Weather.gov actually.

Sorry thats Saturday. My bad

Last edited:
Tennessee's last game against a Big Ten team was its 45-6 win over Northwestern in last year's Outback Bowl.

Several of UT's games against current Big Ten teams have been in bowl games. The Vols are 11-10 against current members of the league in bowl games.

The Vols are making their 52nd bowl appearance all-time and tied with Georgia for the fourth-most among all FBS programs. Tennessee owns a 27-24 all-time record in bowl games and has won two in a row.

With a win, the Vols would claim three straight bowl victories for the first time since the 1994-96 seasons.

Nebraska is making its 53rd bowl appearance all-time. The Cornhuskers are tied with Texas for the second-most bowl game appearances and trail only Alabama (63).

Over his last four games, Dobbs has completed 69-of-86 passes (86 percent) for 969 yards with 11 touchdowns and one interception. He is 22-12 as UT's starting quarterback. With a win, Dobbs, who earned Second Team All-SEC accolades from both the coaches and the AP, would tie Condredge Holloway (1972-74) for the fifth-most wins by a UT quarterback.

Barnett earned consensus All-America honors with All-America recognition from the Walter Camp Football Foundation, the Associated Press, Sporting News, the Football Writers Association of America and the American Football Coaches Association. He was also named a First Team All-SEC selection by the coaches and the AP. Barnett, who has 12.0 sacks on the year, is the only player in SEC football history to record three seasons with 10 or more sacks.

Reactions: 6 people
I keep talking all this crap like "Part of me thinks if we lose that's not a bad thing, because it might start the countdown for a new coach!"

In reality, I'm just being whiny and disgruntled. I'll be stroke-level nervous hoping for a Vols victory like always around kickoff.

Reactions: 3 people
Let's go Vols! Last game of the year, I hope I get out of surgery in time to watch it.

Edit: Just got out of post op, looking like I will be able to get home in time to watch the Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Windy city? Wind may be a factor, but Intellicast shows it tapering off by game time.

GBO!!!

GO VOLS! Give us SOMETHING to look forward to for next year...

Come on guys,get another bowl win!!!
Send the seniors out wit a win!!
It doesn't have to be a perfect game(and won't be) but play your tails off today and show the Huskers what BIG ORANGE PRIDE is all about!

Reactions: 1 person
Huge game for Team 120 and Team 121.

Go Vols! Beat the Bugeaters!

(Lincoln is the worst college town in the 14 billion year history of the universe)

Come on BIG ORANGE!! Step it up big D! Big day for the program as a whole... can't wait!

GBO!!!

I keep talking all this crap like "Part of me thinks if we lose that's not a bad thing, because it might start the countdown for a new coach!"

In reality, I'm just being whiny and disgruntled. I'll be stroke-level nervous hoping for a Vols victory like always around kickoff.

Im not a CBJ fan, but dont really care who the coach is as long as it's not Art Briles, but there is nothing good that comes from losing the bowl game.

GBO

See you all there! Getting ready now and thank you for Uber!

There's also a lot of Husker red roaming around. Saw a ton on Broadway last night when going to the Preds game.

VN Store

Back