Vincent Perry Freshman WR/Baseball Player Leaving Program

Would venture to say that Latrell Williams was ahead of him at the slot position. Sucks from a depth standpoint. Oh well, room for another 2017 signee.

Reactions: 1 person
Would venture to say that Latrell Williams was ahead of him at the slot position. Sucks from a depth standpoint. Oh well, room for another 2017 signee.

Bingo. With the number crunch in this class, positional depth needing to be addressed, and the Thornton center at their disposal, scholarships are not going to be kept by guys not hitting the books. I hate it for him, but that is the reality of the situation.

Reactions: 2 people
did he have a football scholarship at UT?

Duel sport athletes who play football have to be on a football scholarship. My understanding is Bear Bryant was the reason for that rule

Last edited:
Duel sport athletes who play football have to been on a football scholarship. My understanding is Bear Bryant was the reason for that rule

Back in the 70s & 80s UT had a lot of players on the track team. Several WR's ran track. I wasn't sure which sport their scholly was for but it was much different back then.

Reactions: 3 people

I'd like to see Latrell get a chance to return kicks/punts..he has legit 4.3 speed

Reactions: 2 people
You are right. He was a blue shirt coming in last year. Could probably see the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to be offered a football scholly.

He HAD a scholarship. Lost it due to academics. His plan was to earn it back.

Reactions: 1 person
Alot of hype on this kid his freshman year but Seems like injuries plegged him too bad wanted to see him play

This is why you over sign. Perry may be just not cut out for college. Too bad as that is the natural progression following high school. Maybe he can catch on with the U.S. Army.

Duel sport athletes who play football have to be on a football scholarship. My understanding is Bear Bryant was the reason for that rule

Makes alot of sense. Could you imagine coaches filling other sports up with football players?

Injuries and grades kept him off the field. He made some great catches in practice, and I was hoping to see him play for the Vols. Good luck to him, hope he gets a shot to play somewhere.

VN Store

Back