Mykelle McDaniel Suspended

What is it with our d-line and injuries/suspensions? This group was one of the stronger ones (on paper) back in Aug.

Reactions: 1 person
What is it with our d-line and injuries/suspensions? This group was one of the stronger ones (on paper) back in Aug.

Having your two starting, former 4 and 5 star recruit D-tackles get hurt and miss significant time and then having a pretty good backup DT get kicked off the team midseason isn't conducive to success at that position.

Reactions: 2 people
Who recruited this kid to the team? Who is responsible for team discipline?

AND he's executed team discipline by suspending him! Geez what more do you expect him to do? And sorry but recruiting 17-18 year old kids will ALWAYS be a crapshoot.

Reactions: 48 people
How is this Butch's fault?

Butch is the HC. The buck stops at Butch. He isn't the one that did or didn't do whatever was or wasn't done, but he is the HC. Of course the player is responsible too 100%. But don't leave Butch out all together, the guy is here because Butch went and got him.

Like I said player 100% responsible.

That is a taxing position. Teaching violent hands and such, there is a fine line between being a tenacious player and a felon.

Who recruited this kid to the team? Who is responsible for team discipline?

Every freaking coach in the country takes a chance on recruiting 17/18 year recruits whether they have discipline issues or not. The coaches have no authority on what action a kid takes. "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink." Same scenario so think before you post dumb comments like this one.

Reactions: 19 people
Of course the player is responsible too 100%. But don't leave Butch out all together, the guy is here because Butch went and got him.

If the player is 100% responsible then what's left for Butch? :question:

Reactions: 29 people
May be he was the one who was quoted as anonymous on Travis Haney article and now Butch is after him for revenge !!

Butch is the HC. The buck stops at Butch. He isn't the one that did or didn't do whatever was or wasn't done, but he is the HC. Of course the player is responsible too 100%. But don't leave Butch out all together, the guy is here because Butch went and got him.

You're not so good at math.

Reactions: 4 people
1% ‏@MykelleMcDaniel 52m
52 minutes ago

Life is full of setbacks, success is determined by how you handle them.1%

If the player is 100% responsible then what's left for Butch? :question:

Butch is responsible for all things Vol football. He is the HC. The buck stops at Butch.

And the player is 100% responsible for his own actions, but Butch is like the guy that's goes out and hires his friend for a job and then the friend goofs up and it makes the guy that hired him look bad. Guilt by association.

No doubt the player is 100% responsible for their own actions.

When I leave a glass of Snowman milk on the table and one of the kids lollygags and spills it, my part was having a glass of Snowman milk on the table and the kid is responsible for lollygaging and knocking it over. One didn't happen without the other.

Kid 100% his fault, but I played a part as well.

This by definition is a gray area.

It's like in marriage you hear that it's a 50/50 proposition. The truth is it's 100/100 proposition. Each person should be giving 100% to the relationship. That's 200%, 100% from each person. That's what it means to give your all.

Butch is responsible for all things Vol football. He is the HC. The buck stops at Butch.

And the player is 100% responsible for his own actions, but Butch is like the guy that's goes out and hires his friend for a job and then the friend goofs up and it makes the guy that hired him look bad. Guilt by association.

No doubt the player is 100% responsible for their own actions.

When I leave a glass of Snowman milk on the table and one of the kids lollygags and spills it, my part was having a glass of Snowman milk on the table and the kid is responsible for lollygaging and knocking it over. One didn't happen without the other.

Kid 100% his fault, but I played a part as well.

This by definition is a gray area.

It's like in marriage you hear that it's a 50/50 proposition. The truth is it's 100/100 proposition. Each person should be giving 100% to the relationship. That's 200%, 100% from each person. That's what it means to give your all.

Snowman milk? Is that made from the yellow snow?

BTW, it is basically impossible to police the actions of 100+ young men to the extent of 0 problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back