Will Kamara return?

jonnon111

What you see is what you get.
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He got a 4-5th round draft grade. I'm not saying he is a first rounder, but I'm a little stunned he is that low.
However, selfishly that may make it worth it to return which would be freaking awesome!:rock:
I hope he makes the best decision for himself he deserves it. Great player, more importantly great young man.
Did they do the grading already? Or is that from last year?

I hope he does, but doubt that he will. Maybe with a 4th or 5th round grade he will reconsider.

I dont think they have done the draft grade for 2017 yet. I would love for him to return, but I think he goes to the NFL.

Reactions: 4 people
I have a feeling with McCafrey, Hurd, and a couple of other RBs declaring that AK might be thinking to stick around another year.
Especially since we don't know how mobile our QB will be....

Reactions: 5 people
How do you know he got a 4th-5th round grade?

That guy is immensely talented and is gonna make a roster no matter which round he's chosen in IMO. He needs to go ahead and declare. I don't think he comes back.

Dobbs 7th to undrafted. Barnett 1st rounder.

I'm not trolling y'all, Link in original post now.

Last edited:
What round you go does matter. I think Kamara is a good player and if he goes I wish him well. It just cracks me up on how people always want to push someone out the door no matter what the circumstance. Sometimes it does pay to stay another year, Malone is one that could greatly benefit by staying another year he finally started to come around just this year. He could improve his stock greatly by coming back. Barnett now there is a player that definitely is ready to go pro, I wish him well. GBO!!!!!

I have a feeling with McCafrey, Hurd, and a couple of other RBs declaring that AK might be thinking to stick around another year.

Hurd? He's not gonna factor into anything even if he does declare, which he and his mother continue to say he isn't going to do.

Rather than be concerned with Hurd, AK has to look at Fournette, Cook, Chubb, Michel, McCaffrey, Hood, Gallman, etc, etc. Still think he declares though and is gone somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round. Bet he tests very well at the combine and his versatility on special teams helps him too.

Reactions: 2 people
Hurd? He's not gonna factor into anything even if he does declare, which he and his mother continue to say he isn't going to do.

Rather than be concerned with Hurd, AK has to look at Fournette, Cook, Chubb, Michel, McCaffrey, Hood, Gallman, etc, etc. Still think he declares though.

But remember, Hurd is the Calvin Johnson of RBs :). In all seriousness, Kamara might very well get a much better grade next year. It may benefit him to stay. Also, I highly doubt that next years RB class will be as strong as this years.

Isn't that just one guy's opinion? I thought they had combines or something that impacted the grades?

Mel Kiper gave him 4-5th round grade in an interview today. I heard them discussing it on sports radio. He gave Dobbs late round to maybe undrafted grade, and gave Barnett mid to late 1st round grade.

Hurd is going to be a WR now. He quit on the VOLS during the South Carolina game. Where have you been?

This is the biggest rb "recruit" possible if CBJ can convince him to stay. I really hope because I thought he was gone. I believed he was a 2-3rd round guy, but I forgot about the wealth of running backs in this class and I'm not a pro scout so there's that also lol. Man it would be awesome to see him suit up in orange again.

Isn't that just one guy's opinion? I thought they had combines or something that impacted the grades?

You are correct. But Kiper has been doing this for a LONG time. He is about as reliable as it gets when it comes to NFL drafts. Not perfect by any means, but very reliable.

I don't think NFL teams burn high draft picks on RBs the way they once did. A lot of them seem to think they can get 2 or 3 serviceable backs in the later rounds (or as undrafted FAs) and save some money -- which they use to get better OL, who they probably think will make any runner more effective.

I know Ezekial Elliott went early in the 1st round last year, but I think most RBs entering the draft just expect to get a shot. A later round draft projection might not discourage them that much.

At first I thought there was no way in hell Kamara would return. But then I thought, we have most of our offensive line coming back. Jauan Jennings is a good blocker. The running back class is not as strong next year. There are reasons to stay but still think he leaves.

He got a 4-5th round draft grade. I'm not saying he is a first rounder, but I'm a little stunned he is that low.
However, selfishly that may make it worth it to return which would be freaking awesome!:rock:
I hope he makes the best decision for himself he deserves it. Great player, more importantly great young man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/patrickbrownTFP/status/806936799905882112?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/mel-kiper-nfl-draft-tennessee

He is a 3rd down back and not an every down back when you talk about the NFL. He is a tremendous returner and should be factored in. Slightly low IMO.

Coming back, you never know.

VN Store

Back