Down the field

OrangeAllDay

Why don't we sing down the field?? Did we ever sing it?? If not why does it have lyrics??? Is their any significant history that someone knows about the song?? Just curious thought volnation would be a good resource

Rocky Top has taken over as the "unofficial" fight song

It was the most downloaded on Verizon a few years back.

Reactions: 1 person
Why don't we sing down the field?? Did we ever sing it?? If not why does it have lyrics??? Is their any significant history that someone knows about the song?? Just curious thought volnation would be a good resource

I like the other fight song much better. No, not talking about Rocky Top. The other one that I can't recall the name to. It has much more spirit and pizzazz imo.

Then sing it when it's played after every score?

Reactions: 2 people
I like the other fight song much better. No, not talking about Rocky Top. The other one that I can't recall the name to. It has much more spirit and pizzazz imo.

you mean the one that goes..."Beat the Hell out of the Nebraska Cornhuskers"...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

The Tennessee Waltz is traditional, it's the state song. :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
I thought yours would be Wildwood Flower,

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAYtOG3Wmkk[/youtube]

It's never the same, but it's something like:

We just scored on your team
Your team sucks big time
And we scored
And you suck
Did you see that score?
And we just scored
And you suck so much
Your team sucks biiiig dick
We just scored and your team sucks
And we
Just
Scored

Reactions: 2 people
I know song goes back to the mid 1930's. I Have a hand written copy of it that was my dad's, who was Band Captain back then.

The Tennessee Waltz is traditional, it's the state song. :yes:

At two or three games this year, after we won, as the band was playing The Tennessee Waltz, the TV know everythings said "they are playing and team standing for the alma mater. I can understand saying it once, but surely someone on their staff would have corrected them before the next game. Which I think it was.

VN Store

Back