Butch Jones: ‘We’re on the verge of assembling a top-notch recruiting class’

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...vell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Vols coaches were on the road all last week meeting with current commits and top targets, and Jones expressed optimism about the program’s upcoming recruiting class.
Tennessee hosted 5-star offensive tackle Trey Smith on an official visit over the weekend, and Jones will have in-home visits with two priority defensive targets Monday evening.
“All my focus is on recruiting and I think we’re on the verge of assembling a top-notch recruiting class to really address a lot of our needs moving forward,” Jones said Monday.
The loss at Vandy spoiled a chance for Tennessee to go to the Sugar Bowl for the first time since 1990. While Jones acknowledged disappointment with the way the season ended, he strongly believes the program is continuing on an upward trajectory.
“Obviously we didn’t finish the way that we wanted to finish,” he explained.
“But (prospects) are excited about the future of Tennessee football and they want to be a part of it. That’s been great.

A top 10 recruiting class and a victory over Nebraska is needed badly. Butch better recruit and coach like his job is on the line because come 2017 it is.

Reactions: 25 people
Jones expressed a desire to add “competitive depth,” calling the upcoming recruiting class “paramount” to Tennessee future success.
“We’re recruiting at a high level right now,” he said.
“This next is going to be critical because then we enter a NCAA dead period where we’re not able to leave campus. So this week is absolutely critical that we get in as many high schools and homes as we possibly can.”
On Monday, Jones also strongly hinted at future staff changes — possibly on both sides of the ball. Asked directly by SEC County on his message to recruits with rumors about budding changes, Jones responded, “That’s all hearsay. That’s all talk. That’s all speculation. The thing that I can give them are the facts. I give them the facts.

Get your popcorn. These next few months are going to be interesting.

Reactions: 10 people
https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...vell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Vols coaches were on the road all last week meeting with current commits and top targets, and Jones expressed optimism about the program’s upcoming recruiting class.
Tennessee hosted 5-star offensive tackle Trey Smith on an official visit over the weekend, and Jones will have in-home visits with two priority defensive targets Monday evening.
“All my focus is on recruiting and I think we’re on the verge of assembling a top-notch recruiting class to really address a lot of our needs moving forward,” Jones said Monday.
The loss at Vandy spoiled a chance for Tennessee to go to the Sugar Bowl for the first time since 1990. While Jones acknowledged disappointment with the way the season ended, he strongly believes the program is continuing on an upward trajectory.
“Obviously we didn’t finish the way that we wanted to finish,” he explained.
“But (prospects) are excited about the future of Tennessee football and they want to be a part of it. That’s been great.

A top 10 recruiting class and a victory over Nebraska is needed badly. Butch better recruit and coach like his job is on the line because come 2017 it is.

You are wrong. He has at least two more years.

Reactions: 5 people
Even negative Nancy John Adams said "never count Jones out on the recruiting trail" Several "journalists" like Adams and a few others are expecting a strong close.

Reactions: 5 people
There are 110 other teams in this division who would love to have TN's current class. We have been so blessed and we do not appreciate what we have historically. Some anyway.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 21 people
When I heard that quote, my thought was, what the hell have you been doing? I'm sorry, but depth is developed, not simply recruited. Players out of high school are, for the most part, lumps of clay. Some more ready than others. A great coach shapes them into something productive.

First, you can't have an entire class worth of attrition in a 3/year period. You cannot lose 25 players off a roster and develop depth. You can't continue to have 4/star busts like Blaire, Martin, Bates, Bryant, and on and on.

Take even Barnett. His totals remained virtually unchanged for 3/years. Now getting criticized for being one dimensional. I saw the guy getting triple teams and yet the rest of the d line seemed unhelped by his success.

I digress

Every single thread you feel the need to crap on? Like I said before you are the most despicable poster on this board and that says a lot.

His constant "chain jerking" is annoying, but "Most Despicable "? Not even close. Imo.

I really don't need to hear from Butch. Talk is cheap and my "position" on Butch won't change by talk.

If I thought he was a "lying cliche machine" why would I be crying about him not saying anything I wanted to hear?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back