Tennessee's Butch Jones plans to 'thoroughly' examine the program

Let's see what happens before we all pull out our pitchforks.

He got who EVERYONE on this board wanted last year. Universal praise for Shoop who's D stood for Decimated with injury in year 1.

PS - Nebraska is a measuring stick for how much Shoop can install when given a consistent group of starters.

Reactions: 9 people
If he cans assistants that will go a long way in earning a LITTLE trust back from us because I think that will partially answer your auestion.

I want him to be just as successful as the next guy, if he succeeds then the program succeeds. However, I have legitimate reservations and concerns that he is man of words, not action.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't get as exercised as the rest of you about Jones. Yea, the team had two bad losses to end the year, which was horrible, because the defensive unit absolutely imploded. We know that injuries were a big reason for that collapse, and our highly touted DC--a guy everyone thought was a home run hire--could fix it. If unit coaches are an issue, then, yea, that will have to be addressed--but I can't get furious about it.

Reactions: 8 people
He's going to take the emotion out of his evaluation and thoroughly review the program. Can he teach that skill to some of our posters. Check even this thread. Game time coaching has got to improve no doubt. But, a largely supportive fan base is key. A period of critical analysis? Yes. Week after week of fahr Butch? Sad.

Reactions: 12 people
This is what worries me about Jones!?!?

I am afraid that after a "Thorough Examination" he won't change a thing?!

I hope I'm wrong! :crossfingers:

Reactions: 3 people
He's going to take the emotion out of his evaluation and thoroughly review the program. Can he teach that skill to some of our posters. Check even this thread. Game time coaching has got to improve no doubt. But, a largely supportive fan base is key. A period of critical analysis? Yes. Week after week of fahr Butch? Sad.

A supportive fan base?

I've seen nothing but over the top, unwavering support for 4 straight years.

Is 2017 the year that fan support puts Jones over the top?

I find these "bad fans" opinions insulting.

I bet I could find 120 other schools who wished their fans sucked as bad as ours.

Dear Coach Jones,
Please examine:
1. Reason for injuries.
2. Attrition (normal or nah?).
3. Turnovers on offense.
4. Penalties.
5. Offensive tendency to be feast or famine.
6. ~2,000 yards in 3 games.
7. Secondary unable to look back.
8. Juaun Jennings both ways.
9. O line slow development.
10. Establish blowout lead against cupcakes AND run same plays with 2-4 deep for experience.
11. Hire McDad as consultant.

Reactions: 8 people
better figure it out Butch youre about to fall another year behind the Jones'

Impossible, he's leaving, being fired, gruden is coming, les is coming, kiffin is coming. I read it all on here!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure he's looking at everything. It's killing you he's still here huh?

I personally don't think Jones is going to work at UT long term, but I don't advocate firing him without having another coach lined up, but there are much better coaches than Butch Jones, trust me:eek:k:

Reactions: 4 people
The fact that he apparently saw no issues with the team during that 5-0 start says a lot about Jones.

Yeah, you don't apologize for wins but you also don't look past the facts it took overtime to beat App, only had a 1 point lead going into the 4th against Ohio, needed a Hail Mary to beat UGA, needed 5 fumbles to pull away from VA Tech, and were down 21-3 to a putrid FL offense.

I am beginning to think Butch doesn't " get it".

we'll just have to wait and see who the new AD will be...and, of course, what they think...since it will be his/her azz on the line...:yu::biggrin::matrix:

GO VOLS...BEAT

The fact that he apparently saw no issues with the team during that 5-0 start says a lot about Jones.

Yeah, you don't apologize for wins but you also don't look past the facts it took overtime to beat App, only had a 1 point lead going into the 4th against Ohio, needed a Hail Mary to beat UGA, needed 5 fumbles to pull away from VA Tech, and were down 21-3 to a putrid FL offense.

He doesn't get it. I was convinced of that after the App game when he basically literally said there wasn't much wrong with the performance.

Reactions: 2 people
Dear Coach Jones,
Please examine:
1. Reason for injuries.
2. Attrition (normal or nah?).
3. Turnovers on offense.
4. Penalties.
5. Offensive tendency to be feast or famine.
6. ~2,000 yards in 3 games.
7. Secondary unable to look back.
8. Juaun Jennings both ways.
9. O line slow development.
10. Establish blowout lead against cupcakes AND run same plays with 2-4 deep for experience.
11. Hire McDad as consultant.

Hey we got rid of the weird wife receiver stance,so there is that.

Edit, wife receiver, lol.

While I still support Jones, primarily because of all the key injuries this year, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Further, to prove my injury "excuse", stop and think about Shoop a moment. He didn't suddenly become a poor coach when hired at Tennessee. Stoop has proven himself in the SEC and elsewhere! Maybe it's because of his assistants and if so let's see if Jones figures it out.

Having said what I said, you make excellent points! I agree!
:hi:

VN Store

Back